- Encore says that my DVD will take up 1.1 gb
- The DVD so far consists of 3 mpg movies (21 min, 7 min, and 10 min) in length and also 3 other mpg clips (44 sec, 20 sec, 20 sec) along with some motion menus
- For all the mpg clips Adobe says "The clips are already DVD legal and do not need to be transcoded" so I leave them untranscoded
- They have separate audio tracks in .WAV format
- When I go to make an ISO it says that the disc is 1.1 gb
- Then it goes through the build project but it takes 1.5 hours to transcode video twice. WHY? What is there to transcode? Perhaps I'm not understanding something
- Worse is that after it is done, the DVD size balloons to 2.4gb!
My questions are:
1) Why does it transcode video inspite of the fact that all my files don't need transcoding?
2) Why does the DVD size then grow to 2.4 gb from 1.1?
P.S. My DVD burner is on the fritz and therefore I must make an ISO file that I send on the network to another computer to burn to DVD.