FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore support for 5.1 surround

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DeaditteX
Encore support for 5.1 surround
on Mar 14, 2006 at 5:47:33 pm

Our client has requested the the DVD's for their film have a 5.1 surround sound support. I nocie that I can acheive enough audio treacks to lay it in the audio on enough channels to do this... but what is the process so that the disk will indead support 5.1 surround? Thanks... I am using Encore 1.5 at this time.
Is this possable and how?

'The wheel weaves'

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Encore support for 5.1 surround
on Mar 14, 2006 at 6:23:34 pm

You need to encode your audio file accordingly using the options provided e.g. in Audition. This has very little to do with the authoring itself -even in 5.1 you always only have one audio track per language, but that track contains multiple channels.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

deaditteX
on Mar 14, 2006 at 6:38:49 pm

thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Mar 14, 2006 at 8:28:59 pm

[Mylenium] "You need to encode your audio file accordingly using the options provided e.g. in Audition."

Audition will handle creating a 5.1 mix and exporting this mix in a couple of different ways. Unfortunately Encore will not be able to use any of these exports directly. The first issue is that Encore only encodes stereo ac3 (dolby) files. Secondly, it will not open a multichannel file that you could create with Audition.

You need other software (or hardware) to encode a surround sound dolby file.

Adobe Premiere Pro (with an optional plug-in) can create and export surround sound encodes that can be used by Encore. You could also probably accomplish the 5.1 mix with Premiere Pro but might find Audition to be better suited to the task. The Audition exports would be used by PPro to encode the dolby file to be used by Encore.

Creating surround sound mixes is probably a career unto itself. Expect to spend a lot of time climbing the learning curve before you get useable product - or hire an expert.

Dave

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Mar 15, 2006 at 6:41:46 am

I didn't know that. I don't use Audition nor Premiere. We have scenarist here which can easily encode surround files or we get them from external service providers because, as you said so nicely, it's an art in itself to create a good audio mix (even for "just stereo").

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]