FORUMS: list search recent posts

delay for menu buttons??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
intrepido
delay for menu buttons??
on Mar 14, 2006 at 2:57:02 pm

Hi all!
I want to make a menu that has a song and a little piece of video with the menu buttons flying around and then ends with every button in their properly position. The problem is i cant find anyway to delay the start of the buttons on the menu. The only way i found to do this is to break in two parts. The first is only a video with the music and the buttons flying and ends exactly when every button is in the correct position. The second part is the menu with the music starting where the first part ended.
The problem is there is a little cut in sound and video that i dont like.
Is there anyway, on a menu, to delay the buttons for a time??

thks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: delay for menu buttons??
on Mar 14, 2006 at 6:19:59 pm

You would need to trim the subpicture to the point where it is supposed to start. It's easy in Scenarist, but I have no idea how to do that in Encore since menus don't have timelines (I'm not that well versed in it, anyway). Maybe someone else has an idea?

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 14, 2006 at 7:52:20 pm

Use the Loop Point parameter in Menu properties to determine both when the buttons become active, and what timedcode value the menu loops back to.

To control when buttons appear, you would use After Effects or PPro to build your motion menu background.

Return to posts index

intrepido
on Mar 15, 2006 at 9:46:47 pm

Ill read about the loop point. Maybe also ill try scenarist. What do you thimk about Scenarist??. Its more powerful than Encore??

Thks for your answers!!!

Return to posts index

Greg Mulvey
on Mar 15, 2006 at 10:52:20 pm

Scenarist is one of the most powerful DVD Authoring software out there. Way more powerful then Encore. That power comes with a price though, the last time I checked it cost around $20,000

Greg Mulvey
Designer:Animator
http://www.gregmulvey.com

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 16, 2006 at 12:25:10 am

And you'd better know the DVD-Video specification cold, because Scenarist doesn't offer any easy shortcuts, either. :)

Return to posts index

intrepido
on Mar 16, 2006 at 6:45:09 am

Hi all
Joe, I tried the loop point and it works very well!!. Thanks again.
A question more please. If i want a song for the menu, 03:00 long, but the video animation is about 00:15 only and then becomes static, need i to make a video file 03:00 long??.

Scenarist sound well... ill go to the bank this morning. :P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]