FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Encore Transcodes, chapters are slightly off

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bennjo
After Encore Transcodes, chapters are slightly off
on Mar 10, 2006 at 2:36:10 am

Hi all,

I've been working on a couple of rather large projects in Adobe Premiere. I've added chapters in Premiere then exported the files as DV Avis because that's the format they started out in. When imported into encore, the chapters are picked up and everything seems correct. However, after transcoding, all of the chapters have problems. It's like they start 10 or so frames before where the chapter is supposed to start, then jump back to where they're supposed to be. This only happens when watching the playback in Encore, but the problem this creates is that all of the preview pictures in the chapter select menu are of the end of the previous chapter, which really ruins the whole point of having those preview pictures.

I have a few ideas as to why this would be happening. Firstly, I understand chapters have to start at the beginning of the 13 frame segments of MPEG2 files, however I selected the chapters while it was in AVI format so Encore should ensure these segments start at the beginning of my preselected chapters. Also, the timeline length is slightly longer than the avi length after transcoding. This is also, I am assuming, a result of the 13 frame segments whereby the end of the timeline has to be the end of one of these 13 frame segments. If the total length of the timeline is off, maybe it's messing with the chapters somehow. I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Benjo

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: After Encore Transcodes, chapters are slightly off
on Mar 11, 2006 at 2:26:06 am

Hi Benjo,

This is a preview-only problem with Encore 1.x.

If you burn your project to disc (use an RW disc to test), the chapters will be in exactly the right place.

If you don't like the preview pictures (called poster frames), then set the CTI in the timeline to the frame you want to appear and right-click on a chapter marker. Select Set Poster Frame. The poster frame doesn't have to be the chapter's first frame, or even any frame in the chapter. You can pick any frame on the timeline to be a poster frame for any chapter.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Bennjo
Re: After Encore Transcodes, chapters are slightly off
on Mar 11, 2006 at 2:37:19 am

Hi Jeff,

Appreciate the reply, thanks very much.

I've managed to overcome the preview frame problem by transcoding at the same time as I burn. This way, it doesn't have time to look at the weird chapters and adjust the preview frames.

I was wondering whether or not you could change the frame to preview, so thanks for that info too.

Benjo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]