I'm putting together a dvd of my motion graphics showreel. I have an animated menu made in ae linked to a showreel rendered from ae as a quicktime - animation codec - (pal). I had field render off.
It all looks perfect in quicktime or on the project preview in encore, but when i build & burn the dvd i'm getting some serious tooth combing and jittering goin on. In particular when i view it on a computer, but its not fab quality on tv either. Obviously i want it to look its best on both screens.
I'm wondering where in the process i'm going wrong.
1) Is it something to do with the compression when i import into encore?
2) Is it that the format or codec im rendering out to in ae doesnt mesh with encore?
3) Or do i need to deinterlace the whole reel in ae before i render?
4) How do i get the quality to look great on both computer and tv.
I'd appreciate any advice as i dont know a whole lot about deinterlacing.
Thanks in advance!
3) and 4) -> here things get dicy. It's impossible to create a DVD that looks "perfect" both on computers and standalone players. You produce your DVD for standalone players and when played back on a computer, the player software will dynamically de-interlace everything. In that light not rendering any fields from AE would be shooting yourself in the knee, no matter which platform you target. In your case it seems that you did not use any footage interpretation at all and some of your footage contained fields in the wrong order.