FORUMS: list search recent posts

eDVD, the Disc/DVD-ROM tab, and DLT

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
eDVD, the Disc/DVD-ROM tab, and DLT
on Mar 5, 2006 at 2:51:29 am

I've made a DVD using Encore 1.5 and eDVD4, so that I could put some .PDF files on the disc for computer users.

Following the excellent COW tutorial on eDVD3, I created a DVD-R using Sonic RecordNow Deluxe. This involved dragging the Video_TS folder, along with the contents of eDVD's Image folder, into the window pane of RecordNow. I have created a DLT tape using the same list of folders and files.

But I am curious about Encore's Disc tab, where it mentions adding DVD-ROM content. If I'm using eDVD, should I ignore Encore's method of adding DVD-ROM content to the DVD?

And, can I build a DLT with the same technique that works succesfully for a DVD-R?

Thanks!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: eDVD, the Disc/DVD-ROM tab, and DLT
on Mar 7, 2006 at 10:59:27 pm

Hi Bob,

[Bob Cole] "I have created a DLT tape using the same list of folders and files."

How did you create the DLT? You used what software to write the files to tape?

[Bob Cole] "If I'm using eDVD, should I ignore Encore's method of adding DVD-ROM content to the DVD?"

After you build the DVD files/folder and create the eDVD image file you COULD use Encore's DVD-ROM content option to add the eDVD image folder to the img/disc/DLT. You would not have to do it this way but you could. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Dave

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Mar 9, 2006 at 5:46:51 pm

I just used the Windows XP backup utility. I put all the necessary files (=the Video_TS folder + the contents of the eDVD-generated "image" folder) into one new folder, and backed up the contents of that folder onto the DLT tape. The replicator has the DLT and I'll report as to whether it worked in case that's of any interest.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Mar 9, 2006 at 6:34:02 pm

Bob,

You better call the replicator so they understand what is on the DLT. They will be expecting a "disc image" written in DDP format. That is NOT what you created by using the backup utility. They may be able to use what you sent them, but they need to know what is on the tape.

Dave

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Mar 13, 2006 at 3:33:22 am

You were correct. Although the files on the DLT are exactly the same as on the DVD-R, the replicator insists on a DDP, if I submit a DLT.

The new plan is to use Encore's Disc tab to add the contents of the eDVD-generated Image folder, and make a DLT Master from that. As a test, I made an image file and burned a DVD-R, which works fine.

Thanks for your help.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]