FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Play: Menu button routing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
First Play: Menu button routing
on Mar 2, 2006 at 4:21:37 pm

Project has 3 timelines and 4 menus. Timeline 1 is set as First Play.

During First Play of Timeline 1, when I hit the "regular" Menu button on the remote, I get Menu 4.

If I go to Menu 1, and play Timeline 1 from there, the Menu button works as I want it to.

In Encore, I've programmed all the timelines Menu Remote button to be "Return to Last Menu." They all work -- except for First Play. On the Disc tab, I programmed Title Menu to play Menu 1, which works properly.

But First Play still goes to the last menu instead of Menu 1. Could someone give me a hint as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: First Play: Menu button routing
on Mar 2, 2006 at 5:02:43 pm

You don't want to use Return To Last Menu on a First Play timeline as there's no "Last Menu" to return to. In this case you would set the Menu Remote field for the FP timeline explicitly to the menu you want it to go to (Menu 1?).

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Thanks
on Mar 3, 2006 at 4:25:08 am

Thanks Joe. That fixed it. Great explanation too.

The reason I used Return to Last Menu was that I have three timelines (three separate encoded MPEG files), elements of which are spread out over four menus. In Timeline #2, some chapters are referenced by Menu 1, and others by Menu 2. Since the Menu Button is programmed by Timeline, not Chapter, using Return to Last Menu at least got the viewer closer to the desired spot. Am I on the right track here, do you think?

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Thanks
on Mar 3, 2006 at 2:21:36 pm

Hi Bob,

Certainly.

The Return To Last Mmenu feature is a programmatic way of indicating which menu is displayed when you hit the Menu button; whichever menu was last displayed is held in the player memory, and when you hit the Menu button on a timeline set to RTLM, this memory buffer is read and the player displays the last menu shown.

Most times this does exactly what you want- the only problem of course occurring when the player has not been to a menu yet.

Cheers,
Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]