FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Software Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
encoresdc
Multiple Software Issues
on Feb 28, 2006 at 6:56:43 pm

Hello,

Wow, there has been one problem after another and I just installed it today. i'm wondering if anyone can help. Let's start from the beginning:

1. the software would not install. i received a microsoft visual basic error. after searching on adobe.com, i saved the install folder to my computer, then started the computer in diagnostic mode. this worked, encore was loaded on my computer...but could this by why i am having these further problems?

2. i attempted to create a very simple project. i added a mpg file (formatted correctly: mpeg2), but when i created the timeline the whole video does not show in the timeline. the audio bar goes to the end, but not video. this is a file that i know works all the way through. i can play it in windows media player-no problem. HOWEVER, there is a way to keep dragging the video bar to the end. now when i play the video within Encore, it will play until the end. the video bar in the timeline doesn't look the same from the point i drug it, but all else seems to be okay...but is this okay?

3. after adding a menu and seemingly having the entire project complete, i attempt to right-click/preview the dvd and i get an error: interal software error.

do you have any suggestions for any of these. this software is in danger of being returned; i've spent my whole day on it.

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Multiple Software Issues
on Feb 28, 2006 at 9:51:42 pm

Do you have DivX or any codec packs installed? Encore doesn't play nice with DivX or codec packs.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

encoresdc
on Feb 28, 2006 at 9:55:44 pm

Hi Jeff,

no i do not have a DivX player installed...as far as Codecs. i'm sure i probably do for my Windows Media Player. How would I investigate whether I have a codec that is potentially causing problems?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 1, 2006 at 2:35:47 am

Look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs>Properties.

Go through the list of installed codecs. Cinepak, Indeo and Microsoft should make up the bulk of the list. If you have a lot of strange-looking codecs installed, then post some of them here and we should be able to tell whether or not they are the likely source of your difficulties with Encore.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

encoresdc
on Mar 1, 2006 at 2:17:40 pm

here are all the codecs i have loaded:

iccvid.dll
indeo video 5.10
ir32_32.dll
ir41_32.ax
iyuv_32.dll
msh261.drv
msh263.drv
mslre32.dll
msvidc32.dll
msyuv.dll
tsbyuv.dll

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 1, 2006 at 2:53:47 pm

Thanks for the list. It does not appear to be a codec issue.

What version of Encore are you using?

What format was the source audio - .ac3, .mp3 or .wav (or something else)?

You didn't say, but I am guessing that the video file which gave you trouble had both video and audio in the same file?

What program did you use to encode the video file to mpeg? If you still have the source video, use the encoding program to export the video portion as an .m2v file and the audio portion as a .wav file. Separate video/audio files are best because Encore will demux the video and audio into separate streams anyway when you import an mpeg file that has both audio and video in the same file.

I suggest .wav because version 1.x of Encore didn't like .ac3 audio that had embedded timecode. Encore 2.0 can handle embedded timecode. If the source audio was .ac3, you could try exporting as .m2v video and .ac3 audio from your encoding program, just be aware that if the resulting .ac3 file has embedded timecode, you could run into the same problem if you aren't using Encore 2.0.

HTH,

Jeff

Return to posts index

encoresdc
on Mar 1, 2006 at 3:00:25 pm

Hi Jeff,

I'm using Encore 2.0.

The file is an .mpg (mpeg2). I do not have the original source files...this file was created for me.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 1, 2006 at 4:28:09 pm

Then you will have to demux the file external to Encore. If you have Adobe Audition, you can do this easily. If you don't have Audition then here's a link to a program that should be able to do that. They have a free trial and $19 to buy it. I have not tried this program myself.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

encoresdc
on Mar 1, 2006 at 4:38:47 pm

thanks once again jeff...i will give it a try.

one question: once i do extract the audio and have my .wav file...when i import the original .mpg file, won't that also import the audio to (as it has already done)? can i just remove that wav file and import the new one i have extracted using the software?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 1, 2006 at 5:20:24 pm

Try this in Encore:

1. Import both the extracted audio and the multiplexed video file into Encore.

2. Create a new timeline with just the extracted audio.

3. Drop the muxed video file onto the audio timeline. It should start at the end of the audio clip.

4. Move the video file to the beginning of the timeline.

Do you get the whole video portion without trimming the video track?

If not, then try this tool to actually split the streams into 2 different files: one video-only, one audio-only.

I have not tried any of these demuxing tools. I always export as elementary streams, and Encore has handled muxed mpegs that I've gotten from other sources very well.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]