FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed captioning in Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
Closed captioning in Encore
on Feb 28, 2006 at 4:56:49 pm

Kind of a 2 part, 2 forum question: 1) Is it possible to do closed captioning in Encore 1.5? 2) Is it possible to "rip" or "export" closed captioning off a Beta tape from an Avid? (The Avid captured the closed captioned info track, because it displays it if I run a composite line out to a regular TV)

We basically want to burn a DVD in Encore and retain the closed captioning that's on the Beta SP tape.

Thanks,

Craig

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Closed captioning in Encore
on Feb 28, 2006 at 8:19:16 pm

I can only answer the first part, the answer is no. Encore 2.0 can do CC, though, as long as you have your captions in the .SCC file format.

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
Re: Closed captioning in Encore
on Mar 1, 2006 at 5:14:04 pm

If you have some MPEG2 compression software that allows you to pass through the Line 21 caption information you MIGHT be able to make a successful closed captioned DVD (Canopus Procoder has this option but I have never tested it). The proper way to make a DVD with Closed Captioning is to get a caption file in the .SCC format from the company that did the captioning on the BetaSP and author it in Encore 2.0 or DVD Studio Pro. If you don't have access or contact with the caption house, you do need special hardware and software to make that file from the existing BetaSP. If you need that service....email me and we should be able to get that done for you. Flicker and Blur Seattle Washington.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]