FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the new "TYPE" button? in encore 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuelyun
What is the new "TYPE" button? in encore 2.0
on Feb 27, 2006 at 7:06:53 pm

Hi, I have a one little question... I have encore 2.0 and in the properties tab of a button there is the name of the button, the number, and them the "TYPE"... what is that option? I leave this properties in normal ever and it's work fine... I'm reading the help... but there is nothing.

thanks and cheers

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: What is the new "TYPE" button? in encore 2.0
on Feb 27, 2006 at 9:39:31 pm

It's for use with Chapter Index menus (search the Help for that).

Basically, allows you to designate whether it's a chapter button or an navigational button for the chapter index.

-Joe

Return to posts index

samuelyun
on Feb 28, 2006 at 1:02:29 pm

thanks... but this option it is not very useful... becose it's like link the button to the chapter, and that it!!

anyway thanks!!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 28, 2006 at 3:40:12 pm

...but this option it is not very useful...

You might want to try making a chapter index menu before passing judgment. It's very useful.

Return to posts index

samuelyun
on Feb 28, 2006 at 5:16:21 pm

I know I know, but I prefer to create all in after effects or photoshop and then link each button to chapter or next or previous... you know. becose I always want to design my chapter page.... maybe I don't know how to use...

cheers

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 28, 2006 at 8:09:39 pm

Have you ever seen a DVD that has multiple chapter menus? Did you ever notice that the design of every menu is identical, and the difference is only the buttons are linked to different chapters? That's what this feature does automatically: you create the initial menu design, add how many buttons you want on the menu, etc., set the button types, on the menu, then link the first button to the first chapter in your timeline.

Choose Menu > Create Chapter Index and Encore creates as many menus as you need, with all buttons correctly linked to each chapter, and the Next/Previous/Main buttons all linked. It's a massive time-saver.

Return to posts index

samuelyun
on Mar 1, 2006 at 1:12:56 pm

OOOOOOK!!!, I see I see, thanks very much, I didn't know that feature!!!
Yes it's a very massive time-saver.

Thnaks Joe.I'm glad to have spoken with you

Bye!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]