FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trimmed Timeline Issue cont'd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vegard
Trimmed Timeline Issue cont'd
on Feb 24, 2006 at 10:26:54 am

I continue an older post, as I really need help.

The facts:
I create a timeline with an AVI file, and trim the beginning approx. 5 sec to after the blip of the "2" (of the countdown)

I then create 7 chapters (with several minutes in between, it's an 18 min film)

I then build (transcode) and burn the DVD, and it works perfectly when played back. Straight after the first DVD is burned, though, the timeline has changed, with all the chapters moved over approx 15 frames (and therefore, as Jeff Bellune said in an earlier post, it migth be a GOP issue).

But why does it work first time, for then to suddenly change? It is a HUGE problem, as I have to redo the timeline every time, which breaks the link to my chapter selection menu, and everything has to be re-transcoded.

Quick responses much appreciated.

Vegard
Encore 1.5 (yes, I should get v.2)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Trimmed Timeline Issue cont'd
on Feb 24, 2006 at 2:00:52 pm

Vegard,

I didn't realize that *all* of the chapters had moved. Encore 1.x has a slight problem with previewing chapters that are imported from Premiere Pro in the Monitor window - they sometimes show up in the wrong place (by about 15 frames). The good news is that even though they preview incorrectly, they get placed correctly when the disc is burned.

Even if you didn't import your chapter markers from Premiere Pro, this still may be a preview-only issue. Try this: once your chapter points show up 15 frames off, burn another disc right away and see if the new burned disc has the chapter markers in the right place.

HTH,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Vegard
on Feb 24, 2006 at 4:45:20 pm

Thanks a lot Jeff for your help, it was just like you said!
I'm so relieved, was imagining having to redo the timeline and transcoding for every copy I made...

A very frustrating, but luckily deceiving, bug..

Cheers!
Vegard

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 24, 2006 at 7:40:20 pm

[Vegard] "A very frustrating, but luckily deceiving, bug.."

...which has been fixed in 2.0. ;-)

Glad I could help.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
on Feb 24, 2006 at 2:33:19 pm

Why don't you Trim a little further past the Blip then you have been.
I've had really good luck with the Timeline trim feature. It's not frame accurate but you can get a good feel for where it will start after a few tries.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]