FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitling and motion menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince Beck
Subtitling and motion menus
on Feb 23, 2006 at 8:35:03 pm

First I have to say, if you own, Encore 1.5, upgrade. I was very unimpressed with the previous UI, but 2.0 rocks.

Ok, this is a 2 questions thread.

How do I enable a subtitle by default on a DVD (Is it possible ?)

I am using it for caption over a very weak Q&A audio track. I get the other option is the edit it in.

Second question.

I have a 20 second motion menu with a loop point. The end of the sequence is a 4 second static image.

I have a loop point so that my subpicture appears at the end on the static part. those 4 last seconds loop forever.

The problem is that my subpicture button blink everytime the loop point is reached (Every 4 seconds)

Could be a cool effect but it isn't in my case.

Is this the best way to go ? If I go to a static second menu at the end of the motion menu, I get a black break in between, not a

smooth transistion.

Thanks for any help.

Vince

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Subtitling and motion menus
on Feb 23, 2006 at 10:41:44 pm

1. Click on the Disc tab in the Project panel. Then in the Properties panel you can set the default audio and subtitle options.

2. You're probably just going to want to make your still image longer so the blip doesn't happen so often. Also, be aware that some DVD players may not do this as noticeably. It's very noticeable during Encore's preview, but that's only a simulation and real players (newer ones, anyway) are usually better behaved.

Return to posts index

Vince Beck
Re: Subtitling and motion menus
on Feb 24, 2006 at 8:33:35 pm

Thanks a lot Tim.

About the subpicture blinking , the funny thing is that it doesn't really happen on the preview.

I will try expanding the video clip.

Thanks,

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]