FORUMS: list search recent posts

chapter marks not being added where I placed them

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattehh
chapter marks not being added where I placed them
on Feb 23, 2006 at 12:54:20 pm

When I go to add chapter marks they are placed near where I clicked but not exactly where I put them. An example would be say I have the playhead set at 10:24:12 it would put the chapter marker somewhere near that like 10:23:25 or something like that. When I go to move it the marker it will only go to that spot or another spot after the point I want. Can someone please help?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: chapter marks not being added where I placed them
on Feb 23, 2006 at 3:33:06 pm

DVD's use gop structure(Group Of Pictures), you can only place your chapter point at the head of these gops.

I'm not sure, cause I haven't tried this, but I think in some editing programs you can set the chapter points, and the gops will be created around them for precise placement, but my understanding of this might be off.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Feb 23, 2006 at 6:41:55 pm

I'm not sure, cause I haven't tried this, but I think in some editing programs you can set the chapter points, and the gops will be created around them for precise placement, but my understanding of this might be off.

That's true for Premiere Pro. If you put a timeline marker where you want a chapter, and then put a name into the Chapter field of the marker's properties, when you export the file as an MPEG, Premiere Pro will put GOP headers at the markers, and will also include an .XMPSES file in the same directory that tells Encore to automatically place chapter markers at that point.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 23, 2006 at 7:08:34 pm

It's also true for Encore...if you add an AVI to the timeline (then you can put a chapter mark wherever you like, as long as it's at least a half-second away from any other chapter marker- an MPEG-2 encoding limitation).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]