FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Transition Links In Encore 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eagleburger
Menu Transition Links In Encore 2.0
on Feb 21, 2006 at 9:10:16 pm

I am looking for advice in relation to using the new transition links (for menu buttons - not slideshows) in Encore 2.0

I want to build a dissolve transition between the main menu and the first scene selection menu.

My approach has been to compile an AVI file PPro comprising the PSD file for the main menu dissolving into the PSD file for the scene selection menu.

Having applied the resulting AVI as the transiiton link in Encore, all is fine until the movie file ends and it cuts sharply (or 'jerks') into the scene selection menu itself.

Can anyone advise how I can build a smooooth transtion effect to achieve the same end? Am I using the right approach here?

Many thanks for your advice

Julian

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Menu Transition Links In Encore 2.0
on Feb 21, 2006 at 10:25:40 pm

It will be smooth from menu to transition, then the laser will have to go to the timeline. On most DVD players, the last frame of the transition will hold until the timeline begins playing.

Return to posts index

Eagleburger
on Feb 22, 2006 at 10:23:29 pm

Thanks Joe - but I'm transitioning from one menu to another menu, not a timeline.

Julian

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 23, 2006 at 1:00:02 am

Make sure your transition video has the image of both menus (at the beginning and end of the transition). This will look very smooth.

Return to posts index

Eagleburger
on Feb 23, 2006 at 1:20:42 pm

Thanks for replying again Joe. My transition is effectively an AVI file mage up of two PSD files - 2 secs of the main menu crossdisilving into 2 secs of the first scene selection menu.

The first part of the transition (from the Encore main menu to the start of the AVI file) is very smooth. But, the return from the AVI to the Encore scene selection menu jolts. This is only what I see in preview of course - and may be better once burnt to disc.

I guess I was hoping that my approach in making up the AVI was incorrect. Otheraise I'm a bit lost on how to fix this....

Regards

Julian

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 23, 2006 at 2:12:56 pm

It may be some extra work, but could you make your transition movie into a menu, then just set the loop point at the 2:00 mark? Then you would be moving from menu to menu. Which IMO goes a bit faster and less of a jerkiness.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]