FORUMS: list search recent posts

Specific image or video thumbnail

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Roland
Specific image or video thumbnail
on Feb 19, 2006 at 6:19:54 pm

Within a motion menu, how can I create a button displaying the video thumbnail of a specific portion of a video clip? For instance, if I just want a portion of the video thumbnail to display a 3 second loop that is located in the middle of the clip (timeline), I can set a chapter marker within that timeline and loop it for 3seconds. The problem is that when I hit that button that is the point at which the video clip will play from in the monitor.

As well, I ask how I could have a still image in the button's thumbnail from a video timeline. Of course I could go outside of encore and export that frame from my video editor of choice, but I would hope there is way to accomplish this within Encore.

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
Re: Specific image or video thumbnail
on Feb 20, 2006 at 4:56:37 am

Well, you can change the poster frame of the chapter and then that would work. If you want detailed instructions, please ask.

Return to posts index

Roland
on Feb 21, 2006 at 12:37:53 am

Thank you, Aanarav.

I looked up Poster Frame in my manual and that takes care of the still frame. :o)

Should I assume Encore does not permit a specific in/out point of moving video in the thumbnail? It's a shame if it doesn't, becuase cheap programs like Pinnalce's Studio accomplish this with ease. Although, that program cannot handle other advanced features.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 21, 2006 at 12:54:10 am

The in point for an animated button is the poster frame for the linked chapter point; the outpoint is the menu duration.

Return to posts index

Roland
on Feb 21, 2006 at 2:03:00 am

That worked!

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]