FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with Encore 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TennisMan
Help with Encore 2.0
on Feb 17, 2006 at 3:11:59 pm

I am trying to put like four 350MB avi movie files on a DVD using Encore 2.0. When I try importing them, it gives me an error of "The software that's used to decode the media is not available on your system". So I converted each movie into a 350MB .wmv file. When I tried to import one 350MB movie into Encore, it says that I've already used 2.7Gig of the DVD. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Help with Encore 2.0
on Feb 17, 2006 at 3:58:07 pm

How long is each movie?

Return to posts index

TennisMan
on Feb 17, 2006 at 10:40:43 pm

Each movie is 40 minutes long. I don't like Nero, because the movies I have are 16:9 and Nero only burns them in 4:3.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 17, 2006 at 11:06:13 pm

2.7 GB sounds right for a 40 minute movie (it could be lower than that if you did your own bit budgeting and applied a custom preset). Encore compresses all video that is not already MPEG-2 to MPEG-2, which is required for DVD-Video playback.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 17, 2006 at 7:37:04 pm

I think you are confusing things. DVDs always use MPEG-II which offers far less effective compression than DivX or WMV. Encore will always transcode such formats back to MPEG-II. If you want to burn a data disc, just use Nero or other burning tools.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Feb 19, 2006 at 1:44:01 am

Encore only accepts AVIs (full resolution either NTSC or PAL), MPEGs and QT .MOVS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]