FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD seamless links between menus/timelines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bluebike
Encore DVD seamless links between menus/timelines
on Feb 16, 2006 at 3:31:22 am

I'm trying to create a menu which animates in and then animates out of screen before playing the selected timeline. The animation before the menu plays prefectly with a seamless transition to the menu. But the second animation (after a button on the menu is selected) first cuts to black, before playing the animation, then going to black again before playing the timeline. Is there any way to avoid the black???
(Using Encore 1.5)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore DVD seamless links between menus/timelines
on Feb 16, 2006 at 4:34:30 am

Try putting the outgoing animation as a video background on another menu. The transition from one menu to another is usually faster than the transition from menu to timeline.

Be aware that the amount of "black" between timelines depends on the player and how quickly the laser assembly can move and refocus. Better (more expensive) players will cut the seam between timelines down to almost nothing.

Finally, Encore's preview is worse in this regard than just about any hardware player.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

bluebike
on Feb 19, 2006 at 11:08:13 pm

Thanks Jeff,
I've put the animation in a menu and that works fine once burnt onto a disc. Shame about the preview though - that still shows black.
thanks again :-)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 20, 2006 at 8:50:32 pm

You're welcome. I forgot to ask you in my first response - did you try burning a test RW disc (or an R disc) and see how the menu --> timeline transition worked in a finished disc? If you were only using Encore's preview before it might be worth re-creating your old transition to see how your hardware/software players handle menu --> timeline.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]