FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subpictures not lineing up in Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Floodjlc
Subpictures not lineing up in Encore
on Feb 15, 2006 at 8:48:29 pm

I am fairly new to adobe encore. I created a menu in photoshop then animated it in AE. Basically all I am doing is having the buttons fade in. I set the opacity to 0 and within 2 seconds the buttons appear. Now when I open up my photoshop menu in Encore and preview just the menu without the video background everything works perfectly. As soon as I import my animation from after effects and delete the text and render my motion menu I run into problems. Now when I preview it my subpictures do not line up anymore. I dont understand because in AE I did not change the position of any of the layers. Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Subpictures not lineing up in Encore
on Feb 15, 2006 at 10:17:51 pm

What version of Photoshop? Encore? AE? This could be a PAR issue if you used square pixels in PS and a rectangular pixel comp in AE.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Floodjlc
on Feb 16, 2006 at 9:43:13 pm

I am using Photoshop 7.0, Encore 1.5, After Effects 6.0. I did not even realize there was different pixels. Is that my problem and if so how do I fix it? Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 17, 2006 at 12:30:38 am

Are you using PAL or NTSC?

Return to posts index

Floodjlc
on Feb 17, 2006 at 2:30:20 am

Im using NTSC.

Return to posts index

Floodjlc
on Feb 17, 2006 at 3:57:36 am

NTSC....Also to make it a little more clear of what I am doing. I exported a frame out of Adobe Premiere Pro so I could use the picture for my DVD menu. Then I brought it into Photoshop and made my menu. Then I opened it up in AE to do the button fade in and animate the title. And finally brought it over to Encore where I ran into my problem of my subpictures not lining up. When I brought it into AE I even tried changing the pixles to square and that makes it worse. If I leave it at the current settings it is still a little off. I dont know where I am going wrong or how to fix this problem. I am just getting extemely frusterated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 17, 2006 at 11:29:41 am

1. If you are using the 1.0 version of Encore, update free to 1.01. I think the 1.01 update fixed this issue.

2. Make sure you buld your menu in Photoshop on a 720x534 canvas. PS7 uses square pixels. Likely the frame grab from Premiere was 720x4880 with rectangular pixels. Once all of your menu elements are set the way you want in PS, resize the 720x534 image to 720x480 inside of PS. Ignore any distortions that are created during the resizing. Then save your menu.

3. Now if you use the menu in AE and Encore, it will be recognized as 720x480 rectangular pixel document (even though it's not) and the distortions that were created when you resized in PS will go away.

4. For more info about PARs, find Rick Gerard's tut here on the Cow.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Floodjlc
on Feb 17, 2006 at 6:29:23 pm

It is still off a little. I did exactly what you said. When it is in Encore 1.5 when the subpicture comes up it is slightly off of the actual layer. I dont know if it is the different colors I am using. The original is a blue text and the subpicture is red. But the weird thing is that not all of the letters are off. For example when I did exactly what you said I just quickly created 3 Test buttons. They all said "Test". Now when its in Encore and I preview it the "T" is lined up perfect and the "e" is close but when you look at the "s" and last "t" it is off and looks like a drop shadow because it is slightly off.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 18, 2006 at 3:59:03 pm

I just quickly created 3 Test buttons. They all said "Test". Now when its in Encore and I preview it the "T" is lined up perfect and the "e" is close but when you look at the "s" and last "t" it is off and looks like a drop shadow because it is slightly off.

I need to test your issue on my system a bit more to see if I can duplicate exactly what you are experiencing. While you wait for me to do that (if you want to wait :-)), I have to ask one question:

On your test menu, did you animate at all in AE? Or just bring it directly to Encore from PS? If you are seeing mis-aligned layers when you bring the menu straight to Encore from PS, then something is wrong in Photoshop. I just duplicated your test menu in PS7 and Encore 2.0 without animating in AE and it worked correctly.

Also, in Encore, try hiding the text layer on your real menu by poking out the eyeball instead of deleting the text layer. I don't think this will fix the problem, but it is one less variable to consider.

I'm trying to recreate this issue using my own assets. This may go faster if you can email me a copy of the PS menu. My web site is listed in my profile, and the site has a contact email address at the bottom of the home page.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Floodjlc
on Feb 19, 2006 at 11:44:32 pm

Sorry to be so slow to respond I have been out of town for a couple days. This morning I tried to do again what you first directed me to do and it worked this time. I must of did something wrong with the comp. size the first time. Thanks a lot for all your help, you have saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 20, 2006 at 8:39:41 pm

You're welcome. I was glad to help.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]