FORUMS: list search recent posts

Navigation Issues-PLEASE HELP

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lbrites
Navigation Issues-PLEASE HELP
on Feb 15, 2006 at 2:53:42 pm

I'm authoring a DVD wich contains music videos. One of my menus has an index of the musics, and I have the "Play all" button as well. When you want to see a specific music,you obviously go to the music index. By the end of that music, when you choose it from the list, I want the video to stop and come back to the music index. So far,so good. But when I watch the music, and I try to go to the next one, the NEXT CHAPTER button does not function, because I'm working with several timelines, wich contain only one chapter. How can I solve this navigation problem? Is there any solution? This is probably very easy to fix, but I just can't figure it out...I apreciate the help

Return to posts index

Mark Harvey
Re: Navigation Issues-PLEASE HELP
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:21:02 pm

It would appear to me that this would be a next title rather than next chapter....I know my DVD remote at home lets me search by chapter, or by title...since this is another timeline, then it is definately not simply another chapter.

Mark

Return to posts index

lbrites
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:42:43 pm

I know that probably some experienced DVD users can navigate through the application, and that some DVD players have the "Next Title" button. But how can I predict this situation? I haven't worked with version 2.0, but it seems to me that this is a feature that Encore should have.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:28:06 pm

What version are you using?

Return to posts index

lbrites
on Feb 15, 2006 at 4:40:03 pm

I'm using Encore 1.5

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Feb 15, 2006 at 6:38:14 pm

I think with 1.5, if you want the next chapter button to function as the timeline end action, you have to insert a "secret" chapter point at the very end each timeline.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Feb 15, 2006 at 9:37:45 pm

yes, chapter at end of timeline - beware, some dvd players will go to the next timeline regardless of how you have the DVD programmed. I have been told on this board that Encore 2.0 fixes that problem, but have not tried it yet.

Return to posts index

lbrites
on Feb 16, 2006 at 10:57:10 am

that's what I thought...I've tried it,but I didn't like the solution. The transition was too rough. Thanks for the help, anyway!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]