jacalo
DVD Video and interactive Data DVD on the same disc
on Feb 15, 2006 at 5:51:50 am

Hi everyone

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: DVD Video and interactive Data DVD on the same disc
on Feb 15, 2006 at 7:11:58 am

You could do that, but you definitely need to get into multimedia authoring with director. There's a DVD player control in Director, that would allow such trickery as you want in 2). Basically what you would do is start a normal program that accesses the DVD's video/ audio streams. Dunno if it is praktical, though. Quite frankly I'd ask your client what he needs and then create static documents (PDFs) for printing. It's very unlikely he's going to need to be able to print every frame of the video. Also do not forget that due to the MPEG-II compression your printouts might not be as high quality as they possibly could be when printed from a PDF or other such file format. No need to worry about 1). As per spec, standalone DVD players will ignore anything that is not in the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories and since any DVD is simply a data storage medium, you're relatively free in adding extra content.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 15, 2006 at 2:57:42 pm

We actually do this quite a bit, mixing video and print materials on DVD's, but we don't use director. I find that Sonic eDVD makes this process relatively easy. For $200.00 it just can't be beat.

http://estore.sonic.com/enu/edvd/default.asp

And no I don't work for Sonic or anything, just find that program to be really cool.

Return to posts index

digitalideations
on Feb 15, 2006 at 6:04:08 pm

the link in the last post points to eDVD 3 which was web links, PDFs and image files. Here is the link to eDVD 4, which lets you link to the web, any file or any on-disc folder:

http://www.sonic.com/products/Professional/eDVD/quicklook.aspx

Return to posts index

jacalo
on Feb 16, 2006 at 3:10:51 am

Thanks guys...for all your help... I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]