FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with Stretchy footage in Encore 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bluebirdx1976
Help with Stretchy footage in Encore 2.0
on Feb 14, 2006 at 6:02:35 pm

Looking for some help on this one! Encore keeps horozontally stretching my video assets that I import into the project.

I'm exporting a Quicktime file from an AVID project using the H.264 codec. The dimensions of the image are 720 x 480 with an aspect ratio of (0.9) 4:3

I then bring the asset into my project in Encore 2.0 and it looks horozontally stretched. In the edit transcode presets section where you can preview both
the source and the output... the source is reading 720x480 and the output is the same, but when I click on the output tab the footage is stretched even further and
the letterbox appears as if I'm dealing with 16:9

How can I get encore to not mess around with the demensions of my assets?
Thanks so much in advance!!!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Help with Stretchy footage in Encore 2.0
on Feb 14, 2006 at 7:23:20 pm

Try using Interpret Footage on the clip and set it to .9 PAR; if that doesn't work, then don't use the H.264 codec...Encore doesn't support it.

Return to posts index

bluebirdx1976
Re: Help with Stretchy footage in Encore 2.0
on Feb 14, 2006 at 9:14:24 pm

Thanks for the advice! Tried the interpret footage option for 0.9 and this has no effect on the stretch happening in Encore DVD.. it's still there.

Here's another thing that I discovered while troubleshooting...

I can bring that exact same Quicktime file that Encore stretches into After Effects, export as mpeg2-dvd and bring both the original and newly created files into Encore.

It's still stretching the orignal file...but does not stretch the After Effects file...anyone know why this is?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]