link a menu without a break from one second

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef
link a menu without a break from one second
by
on Feb 13, 2006 at 3:13:23 pm

this is my problem.
i made a movie in premiere and used a buton from the libery from encore.
This buton is edit in the movie.
this movie starts and the buton wil explode to go to his plase.
when the buton is arived after an explosion from 10 seconds it must be an active buton so jou can clik on it.
the rest of the minnut, the 50 seconds left is the active buton and is the same buton from the encore libery.
when, after 10 seconds the buton find his place the same movie must continu without a break from one second.
Now i have a break and a stil from one second at 10 sec. when the munu must continu withe the rest of the minut.
how can i solve this problem.
thank and hop i can solve this.
Stef

Return to posts index

Johnny
Re: link a menu without a break from one second
on Feb 13, 2006 at 5:48:10 pm

If I understand correctly, you want a first play movie that seemlessly brings in your buttons.

Create your movie and render it out as an .avi file.

If you created the movie in After Effects, go to the frame where you want the buttons to become activated(10 seconds) and from the "composition", "save frame as" choose "photoshop layers". This will be the menu you will actually be using, so you can set your links.

Import as menu. Open up the layers tab and turn off all of they eyeballs.

Now import the .avi file as an asset. Under the menu tab, "motion" (2.0) set video to your .avi file (in 1.5, alt-drag the movie into the menu). Now set the loop point to 10 seconds, this will keep the buttons turned off until your explosion is over.

Johnny

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:35:38 pm

hy Jhonny.
thanks for the answer, but i'm not working with after effects and its not a first play, how can i solf this when i edit it in premiere?
thanks, stef

Return to posts index

Johnny
on Feb 14, 2006 at 2:02:42 pm

The steps are basically the same, but since I don't edit with Premiere, someone may have to correct me.

You need to create your final menu, with final button placement. This should match the movie you have made in Premiere. Then you take this movie and import it as an asset. This will be your be your bottom layer, your actual buttons, that contain the links to the timelines will be on top, but invisible.

Either go to the motion tab in 2.0 or the alt-drag the movie into your menu. Now, go to your menu and under layers turn off the eyeballs. Go to "loop point" and set it at 00:00:10:00. This is when the buttons will become active, before that they will not be seen and the highlights won't turn on.

Hope this helps.
johnny

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 14, 2006 at 2:21:02 pm

john, thanks a lot, but wath do you meen by eyebals. thats the only thing i do not unthestand.
greatings Stef

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 14, 2006 at 2:28:38 pm

and how do you make a buton invisible?
sorry i was forget that to ask you to.
greatings stef

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 14, 2006 at 6:44:42 pm

You can view the layer eyeballs here.

http://www.editorsbin.com/adobe/encore/reviews/designing_menus/

What I mean by invisible buttons is that you have created a video of your button exploding into place. That isn't your real button though, it's just video of it(videobutton), though it looks exactly like the real button.

Therefore, you need to create a button that will look exactly like that button, have the highlights and exact same placement of that button so people will be able to access it. What you don't want is for that button to be seen before the (videobutton) explodes into place. That is why you turn off the eyeballs, this will cause your real button to be there, but not be seen, then when your video reaches the loop point of 00:00:10:00, the button becomes active, now the highlights will be seen when you rollover it.

Hope this helps
johnny

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 14, 2006 at 11:59:15 pm

ok .thanks a lot Jhon.
tomorow i will start working on it. i hope this is the final answer.
thanks for your help.
greatings Stef

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 15, 2006 at 2:55:05 pm

hy jhonn.
one last qustion.
what do you mean by eyeballs.
i'm working with encore 1.5 and don't understand what die eyeball is.
can you explane that for me please?
thanks and it works now for 80% only the eyeballs story i have to solve.
thanks a lot again.
stef

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 15, 2006 at 3:02:01 pm

You can view the layer eyeballs here.

http://www.editorsbin.com/adobe/encore/reviews/designing_menus/

In encore, under the layers menu, you will see the eyeballs on the left side. They turn on or off the layer visiblity. I'm glad your project is coming along.

johnny

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 16, 2006 at 8:51:16 am

hey John.everything works great.
you are awsome.
only i think i have a final qustion for you. how can i make it when the menu is on the end it wil start again on the 10 sec. or is that inposible and wil it always start on the beginning of the movie?
greatings stef.

PS. and i hope you don,t get the greeps of my english writing.
i'm so sorry.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 16, 2006 at 2:03:28 pm

Stef

That is a problem I have run into also. If you set your loop point correctly and let it play over and over, it will loop back to the 10 second spot. Once you go to a timeline though it goes and finishes, it returns to the beginning of the menu, correct?

The only way around this is to make 2 menus. One menu for the first time, when you want the buttons to explode into place, and then a second menu when they are already in place.

Really there are two ways to accomplish this. You make your first menu only the first 10 seconds when your buttons explode into place. Then a second menu for the next 50 seconds. The first menu has an "end action" that points to the second menu. Menu's load quickly, so the pause would be very brief. All of your timeline end actions will point to the second menu.

The second way is to just create a second menu. I think this would be easier, click the menu you have, duplicate it. Now in the copy, delete the background movie. Now in premiere, make an .avi of the last 50 seconds of your movie. Import that into Encore and set that as the background in the second movie. Now set all the end actions of the timelines to go to the second menu.

No worries about the english. Glad your project is working out for you.
johnny

Return to posts index

stef
by
on Feb 16, 2006 at 11:16:46 pm

hey Jhonn.
thamks. i made a second menu (the same) without the first 10 seconds and it works great. THANKS THANKS you adobe nurt. i like that,

but......
i used a buton from adobe encore and wil change the highlight but de adobe photoshop tels me that if i made a circle aroud a part of the highlight i will delete, adobe photoshop tel me the folowing note: ''Could not complete your request because the content of the layer is not directly editable.....
how can i put this of, so i ca change the high light.
i hope this is the las thing i strugle with it.
speak to you soon, and also thanks a lott anyway.
greatings Stef

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 17, 2006 at 2:00:17 pm

Okay, in photoshop you have your button, which will be in a layer set. Twirl open the folder and click on the highlight layer. I think perhaps you were on another layer and that's why the you weren't able to edit the highlight layer.

That's really the only thing I can think that would cause a layer to not be editable.

Glad everything worked out and I was able to help,
johnny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]