FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pressing Stop Twice - An intersting problem for all you Encorer's out there!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kmac77
Pressing Stop Twice - An intersting problem for all you Encorer's out there!
on Feb 8, 2006 at 7:35:58 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have a finished DVD in my hand that meets the clients specs, but he has noticed a very strange "bug" that I can't seem to work around. I have a "Play All" that is a playlist of 4 itmes. Each item plays as it should, and when they are done, they go back to the main menu. During playback of the concert (which is playlist item 1), if you press the STOP button on the DVD player, a screen comes up that says "To continue playing, press the PLAY button. To start again from the beginning, press STOP again". If you press the "PLAY" button, the disc continues to play normally as it should. If you press the "STOP" button again, instead of going back to the beginning of the concert (playlist item 1), it jumps to bonus feature number 1 (playlist item 2).

Originally, when I looked at my project window, I had 4 items. Bonus Feature 1, Bonus Feature 2, Bonus Feature 3 and Concert. What I thought was happening was it considered "BF1" to be the "first clip" as it comes up in that order in the project window, so it assumes that is the "beginning" clip. So, I renamed my clips to be "1 - Concert, 2 - Bonus Feature 1, 3 - Bonus Feature 2 and 4 - Bonus Feature 3" in an attempt for Encore to understand that I consider the Concert to be the main clip (or first clip), but when I did this, nothing changed.

Does anyone have any idea how I can have Encore "assign" the concert clip to be "clip 1", so when you press STOP twice the disc plays that clip? Thanks in advance.

Kevin McAuliffe
Senior Video Editor
Bell ExpressVu

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Pressing Stop Twice - An intersting problem for all you Encorer's out there!
on Feb 8, 2006 at 11:04:55 pm

Are you using Encore 1.5 (or 1.0) or Encore 2.0? I suspect the former.

In Encore 1.5, the way to control this is to create your timelines in the order you want them laid out on the DVD, i.e. timeline creation order = VTS creation order, and if you do a hard "stop", pressing Play again plays the first VTS on disc.

In Encore 2.0, you can set a timeline to be Main Timeline, i.e VTS1.

Return to posts index

Julie Meek
Re: Pressing Stop Twice - An intersting problem for all you Encorer's out there!
on Feb 11, 2006 at 4:00:19 pm

I am having a similar problem. I've created a project that has 3 menus and 3 timelines. The project is a continual loop. I have a menu that is set as first play that runs for 10 seconds and then goes to the first timeline, then its end action takes you to the 2nd menu, then the next timeline, etc. When I hit stop twice, remove it and then reinsert it, it seems to start playing again at random points.

Joe, if I understand your response, you're saying you can set a timeline as first play, but in my case I want the first menu to be first play and it is set as first play. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 11, 2006 at 7:00:22 pm

When I hit stop twice, remove it and then reinsert it, it seems to start playing again at random points.

You mean it auto-plays something other than First Play?

I believe that's a player issue. I have an inexpensive Yamakawa player that "remembers" the last disc inserted and resumes playback at where it was when it last played. As far as I know, there is no way to change this behavior other than using a different (likely a little more expensive) make and model of player.

My Sony and Pioneer players do not behave in this way...ejecting the disc, then inserting it again is like inserting a new disc- a blank slate. This is more desirable in a DVD player, in my opinion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]