FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 questions re: linking files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mav777
2 questions re: linking files
on Feb 8, 2006 at 9:12:00 am

Hi,

I'm enjoying using Adobe Encore 2...just puzzled a little by 2 'features'.

Question 1.
I set up my buttons complete with names...but when I drag the files onto the buttons to link them..Encore automatically changes the names I've set up on the buttons to the name of the files that I link...is there a way to stop Encore doing this? Just would save me having to rename the buttons back every time.

Question 2.
Sometimes when I drag a link onto a button, Encore links the file but also creates this massive green rectangle box (hot link area?) and plonks the file name in writing at the top of this green box. Thus I have both my button...and a large green box..complete with the name of the file floating up the top of the page in the box...in just plain text.

To fix it each time I have to manually click with the text tool at the top of the green box, delete this writing that automatically appeared..and my green box area then returns to the normal button size where I wanted it in the first place. Any clues?

In short I just want Encore to simply link to the file I drag onto the button..not create new pieces of writing or rename things or create big green boxes! Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: 2 questions re: linking files
on Feb 8, 2006 at 1:15:30 pm

The 2 questions are actually related.

1. To disable this feature, select one or more buttons in the Menu viewer, the Layers panel or the Menus panel. If I need to select multiple buttons, I prefer the Menus panel. Once the buttons are selected, bring the Properties panel forward and uncheck "Sync Button Text and Name" on the Basic tab.

2. When you create a link with Sync Button Text and Name active, the name of asset that is being linked to is added to a text layer in the button layer set. The heavy green outline that you see is a bounding box that shows you the area that is taken up by all of the elements of that button - text layers, subpicture layers, graphics layers, etc. Once SBTAN is unchecked, you shouldn't get strange sizes for button bounding boxes anymore.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Mav777
on Feb 9, 2006 at 7:54:44 am

Thanks Jeff, greatly appreciate your help on this! Thought there must be an option somewhere.

Is nice to have somewhere to come to ask questions and get the answers!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 9, 2006 at 8:37:53 am

You're welcome. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]