FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Subtitle Woes!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce David Janu
Encore Subtitle Woes!
on Feb 8, 2006 at 4:04:02 am

Hi all,

I just finished adding a subtitle track to a short project, using Encore 1.5. After I finished adding the subtitles, I went in to change some of the fonts (Actually, I went to add a musical note symbol to the sections of the subtitles that had music and lyrics). Then Encore gave me an error message---"an abnormal condition was detected..." I saved the project again (under a different name). Now, everytime I open the file I get out of memory errors and other errors as well, including the original "abnormal condition error."

I have a feeling the project file is now corrupted.

I don't want to retype the subtitles----is there anyway I can export the subtitles and then just begin a new project with the original subtitles? Or should I just start over using a different subtitling technique (maybe importing subtitles from another program?). Help.

Thanks.

Bruce David Janu
Bell, Book & Camera Productions

Return to posts index

Bruce David Janu
Re: Encore Subtitle Woes!
on Feb 8, 2006 at 6:23:08 pm

I looked through the posts here and it seems that using Encore formaking subtitles is not a good idea.

Anyone use Subtitle Workshop to create subtitles? I am moving in that direction.

Thanks

Bruce David Janu

Return to posts index

Doug Jacobson
Re: Encore Subtitle Woes!
on Feb 11, 2006 at 9:45:17 pm

I'm having subtitle troubles too. My problem is when I add a subtitle track to a timeline in my project the project refuses to "Preview from here", giving me "Unknown error (DVD Error -1)".
I searched Adobe's Encore User Forum and found one thing that worked for me (at least so far, I'm not finished with the project yet). The suggestion was to start with a new project, create a new timeline, and add a subtitle track before doing anything else. I've had to recreate my project, and so far subtitles are working fine.

This doesn't do a thing to help out with an pre-existing project like yours, but hopefully it will help someone out there that is having the problem I am.

Doug

Doug Jacobson
Steamboat Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]