COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
best recordable media
on Feb 2, 2006 at 3:01:19 pm

which media is the best recordable?

dvd-R
dvd+R

I burn dvd's most of the time they work fine, but other times they dont. Is it the media, the player, or encore?

Which company makes the best recordable media? Sony, memorex, tdk, phillips? Thanks

daveyg

http://www.velocityouth.com

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: best recordable media
on Feb 2, 2006 at 6:16:24 pm

I stuck with Verbatim for a while but still i had the odd DVD not playing at all. I changed to Ritek and there was no change to the amount of discs not playing, some folks swear by taiyo yuden (think that is the correct spelling). It is always a bit hit and miss as to what's good and what's not

Return to posts index

Wes
by
on Feb 2, 2006 at 6:28:11 pm

I was using Taiyo Yuden then had a couple that are now coasters. I switched to Maxell. Working well. All in all I think it might be good to have a mixture in case you give someone a copy and it doesn't play. I've used Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, Verbatium, and TDK. Happy with all of them.

Return to posts index

Editdan
on Feb 2, 2006 at 10:33:10 pm

I've been having a lot of problems with +R lately, basically it seems to skip a lot on playback on set tops.
-R seems to be less problematic for me. Don't know if anyone else shares this experience or not.
Sony VC10 (use +r for standalone mode, and -r for computer mode).

dan

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Feb 3, 2006 at 4:36:46 am

The quality of the media depends on the dye being used for the discs. I wrote this a while back and it may help you out: http://asvideoproductions.com/video/articles/dvdinfo.pdf

Return to posts index

Wes
by
on Feb 3, 2006 at 3:50:46 pm

DVD-R is best suited for playback in most all DVD players. The first generation players may have trouble reading them, but about 95% of the players out there will play them. DVD+R don't playback in machines unless the player states it plays DVD+R. I don't use DVD+R, I think their best suited for storing files on for your computer.

If the DVD-R you are using skips or jumps, try taking it out and putting it back in again, sometimes the reader may weird out on the disc. If it happens again, then you might have bad disc.

Return to posts index

j
by
on Feb 5, 2006 at 3:29:43 am

Aanarav,

That article was great..great links too!...now I know I just bought 100 terrible disks 2 weeks ago.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]