FORUMS: list search recent posts

eDVD by Sonic

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joefeng
eDVD by Sonic
on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:23:12 pm

Has anyone had any first hand experience using Sonic's eDVD with Encore? I read the info on the Sonic website and am still somewhat confused as to how it will work with another authoring program, such as Encore.

What we are trying to accomplish is to have menus on the DVD link to url's. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: eDVD by Sonic
on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:42:39 pm

I haven't used it, but I looked into it a while back. My impression is that eDVD will disassemble the DVD menu structure and allow you to change how the buttons work, then it writes the data back to DVD file structure.

For your case, what you would do is create a button a menu using Encore that doesn't have a link. Write the project to a folder on the hard drive, ignoring Encore's warnings about the button not doing anything. Use eDVD to open the DVD files, set the link on the button, and save.

There's an eDVD forum on the Cow, too, that you might want to post on if you haven't already.

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:51:07 pm

Yeah, that's the idea I got from the info on the Sonic site. Then their flash demo threw me off again. The part I'm confused about is where you create the "linkless" buttons in Encore - the eDVD flash demo seems to show that you would need to assign some sort of link to those buttons in your original authoring environment...

I'll try to post this to the eDVD forum as well, thanks.
(I wish Encore had this feature.)

Return to posts index

digitalideations
on Feb 2, 2006 at 4:47:37 am

It is not a linkless link. it must link to a title/chapter. you then program that title/chapter to loop back to the menu you came from as your DVD video end action. It is the title/chapter link that eDVD "sees", interprets and launches a web link or ROM link from.

There is a good Encore specific tutorial here:

http://www.dvd-makers.com/public/1176.cfm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]