FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to make a DVD with Encore trial version

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jmtout
Trying to make a DVD with Encore trial version
on Jan 31, 2006 at 7:00:46 pm

I have an eight minute video which I've completed on Premiere 6.0. I want to burn a DVD with Encore DVD 2.0 trial version.

Is there a special way to save it? How do I export it so I can get it into Encore?

I thought I had done it correctly when I exported it as mpeg, but Encore won't let me do anything. I can't get past "first play not set" error and "title remote not set" error.

I don't know what this means. I'm not interested in chapters, buttons or any special "treatment," I just want to burn a DVD. I've read "help" but can solve my problem.

Can someone please help me with this issue? I'm considering buying Encore, but I need to know how to use it first. Thanks.

John T

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Trying to make a DVD with Encore trial version
on Jan 31, 2006 at 8:07:18 pm

Are you certain you've read the Help? ;)

You need to create a timeline, then set it to First Play. Look up "first play" in the Help for more info on that.

If your project has no menus, then you don't need to worry about Title and Remote Menu messages.

-Joe

Return to posts index

jmtout
on Feb 1, 2006 at 12:42:58 pm

Joe,

Thanks very much for your attempt to help with my issue.

I've read the section you referred to in "help." I am not able to type anything into the First Play field nor the Title Button field. A problem I seem to have with all "helps" and sometimes with manuals is they tell you what CAN be done but not HOW to do it. So, Encore "help" didn't help me. Maybe I'm dense.

When I open my video, it opens in the Workflow panel. How do I get it into the Timeline?

Appreciate your trying to help me out.

John

John T

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 1, 2006 at 2:52:29 pm

There are at least four ways to create a timeline in Encore 2.0:

File > New > Timeline
Click the "Create a New Item" button in the Project panel, then select "Timeline"
Ctrl+T to create a new timeline
Choose Timeline > New Timeline

From there, you drag your video clip into the timeline (you can also preselect the asset, then choose the above options to automatically add it to a new timeline).

There are also four ways set a timeline to First Play:

If it is the first object created in the project (objects are timelines, menus, and playlists), it is automatically set to First Play
If not, select the timeline, then choose File > Set as First Play
Or, select the timeline, right-click, then choose Set as First Play
Or go to the Disc panel, look at the Properties panel, then click in the First Play field and choose the timeline you want to be First Play

Read as much of the Help as you can, check out the tutorials at Adobe Studio (on the Adobe website), and the Adobe Encore DVD User to User Forum has an FAQ and Tutorials section that should help you out with the basics.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]