FORUMS: list search recent posts

how the heck do you get encore to put out good quality dvd's??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stefan W
how the heck do you get encore to put out good quality dvd's??
on Jan 30, 2006 at 6:22:30 am

First, My footage is all DV/avi 29 frame standard NTSC stuff!

Im using APP 1.5 and the stock encoder exporter to transfer my projects into Encore 1.5. IT says that it converts to mpeg during the whole burning process that takes around two hours. I have never been able to get any decent quality out of encore? The video is always choppy, pixilated and over all depressing crap.

Each time I've completed a project I've had to transfer the avi file to Ulead 7, render to mpeg and then use the DVD authoring program provided, which puts out way better quality then encore. Yet at the same time the Ulead DVD authoring program is not flexible, very basic and does crazy things like over exposing original dark footage. Please help i'm going nuts trying to complete this project.

Do I need to up-grade my encoders?

What are the steps to setting up Encore to put out the best DVD results???

Thanks - STefan

self taught

Return to posts index

stefan W
Re: how the heck do you get encore to put out good quality dvd's??
on Jan 30, 2006 at 6:23:59 am

i'm using a P4,2processor,1gig ram

self taught

Return to posts index

bobbym06
on Jan 30, 2006 at 6:44:35 am

Here is the answer and you should be fine:

1) In Premier Pro 1.5, go to the Adobe Media Encoder. At the top where the drop box is make sure that you have MPEG2-DVD SELECTED.

2) OK, now you will see some options that you can change. Click on the option that says video (it has a green check on it). Set your quality to 5.0 Set your bitrate encoding to VBR, 2 pass.

3)Next under your bitrate settings you have 3 options (min, target, max). Set min to 6.0, your target to 7.0 and your max to 8.0

4)Adobe Media Encoder is going to separate the video file from your audio file. So you will have 2 files (one is the video file and the other is going to be your audio file)

5) In Encore select file import assests and select both files. After that right click on your video file and select new timeline. Now drag your audio file on the timeline. Make sure it is lined up correctly with the video file to keep them in sync.

6) Export your DVD now and tell me what you think.

Return to posts index

stefan W
on Jan 30, 2006 at 3:14:20 pm

Oh my god, You rule!! I'll try that today.

self taught

Return to posts index

stefan W
on Feb 2, 2006 at 4:32:14 am

Hey your instructions worked like a dream!!!! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help out a stranger!!

Any advice on improving flicker in slowed film? Just deinterlace or apply antiflicker? I'm thinking it's something one just has to deal with when using lower quality dv camera?

Thanks you rock!!

stefan

self taught

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]