FORUMS: list search recent posts

Talk to me fellas

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Jones
Talk to me fellas
on Jan 27, 2006 at 9:38:02 pm

I'm looking to purchase a DVD authoring program. But before I do, I need to get feedback from real users and DVD authorers. I've heard good things about Encore. Please feel free to give me your thoughts. I just want to make the right decision.

I'm using a PC and AVID Xpress Pro.

Thanks guys.

M.J.

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
Re: Talk to me fellas
on Jan 27, 2006 at 11:00:12 pm

Encore is very powerful, If you know photoshop, then you'll love the compatability with encore, plus if you know/own after effects, then I wouldn't consider a different dvd app, unless you have to have multi angle material. That is the main thing that encore is lacking.

Return to posts index

M. Jones
on Jan 28, 2006 at 12:23:38 am

Thanks Steve,
what so you mean by multi-angle material?

M.J.

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
on Jan 30, 2006 at 3:48:36 pm

Well if you want the user to be able to hit the "Angle" button on their DVD remote and switch to a different angle (basically switch to a different video track, but with the same audio) then you need the ability to have mulitple video tracks and encore can't do that. On a side note, I did a project with Encore 2.0 over the weekend, and I love the program even more. It is at least 5x better than encore 1.5. The slideshow feature is great. The flowchart was way more useful than I imagined. The program as a whole is great, and once I actually get the production studio (I was just working with the demo) I'm going to enjoy using the ability to import unrendered after effects projects for motion menus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]