FORUMS: list search recent posts

chapter end action

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joefeng
chapter end action
on Jan 23, 2006 at 9:05:20 pm

The 2.0 user manual does not mention chapter end actions.
Does this mean I would need to create chapter playlists consisting of only one chapter as a work around to have chapter end actions? Thanks...

(I have one huge timeline of continuous video and need each chapter to be able to play separately when linked from individual buttons. I'm trying to do this without having to have each chapter as separate timelines, now that 2.0 supposedly gives me this option.)

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: chapter end action
on Jan 23, 2006 at 9:47:10 pm

Here's what you do:

1. Set an end point for each chapter in your timeline to return to the menu (or do whatever it is you want it to do).
2. Create a chapter playlist that has all the chapters in sequence.

What happens with a chapter point end action is that any time you enter that chapter, whether from a button or from a previous point in the timeline, it will execute the end action at the end; it's just as if it were it's own timeline. As always, overrides can also apply to the end action.

Using the chapter playlist function lets you assemble chapters in any order, it handles the end action routing automatically.

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Jan 24, 2006 at 2:52:39 pm

I was able to achieve what I wanted, I think, without having to create any chapter lists. All the client wanted was for each chapter to be able to play individually. I just selected each chapter marker and assigned them their own end actions. Very helpful new feature. Thanks!

Return to posts index

dominique44
on Feb 7, 2006 at 7:13:22 am

what you do:

1. Set an end point for each chapter in your timeline to return to the menu (or do whatever it is you want it to do).

Hi

Yes , but can't you say more about the end point capter because in the chapter property, i don't see to make this .

thanks

dominique

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]