FORUMS: list search recent posts

advance to next timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
advance to next timeline
on Jan 20, 2006 at 6:46:29 pm

I have found that on some cheap DVD players and some PC playback software, if you hit NEXT at the end of a video, it goes to the next video on the disc, instead of going back to the menu, as it is supposed to do at the end of the timeline. It is very obnoxious.

Granted, most people will not hit NEXT repeatedly, but some may.

Mike

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: advance to next timeline
on Jan 20, 2006 at 7:39:00 pm

This is a well known issue. You can search this forum and find lots of variations on the question.

The core of the problem is that Encore does not define what the DVD player should do when you hit "next chapter", but you're on the last chapter of a timeline (no next chapter exists). I'm not even sure whether or not this behavior is clearly defined by the DVD spec. Some DVD players, lacking any instruction, will seek the next timeline. Some will execute the end action. Most that I've tried will simply do nothing, which is most logical in my mind.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 20, 2006 at 8:05:48 pm

Using Encore 2.0, it is expected that all players will execute the end action of the timeline.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jan 23, 2006 at 7:31:51 pm

nice to know adobe is paying attention to these minute yet annoying issues.

anyone know about the slidey-bar in software dvd playback. Sometimes you can manually move the slider bar, sometimes you are limited to chapter only next/back navigation.

Mike

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Jan 27, 2006 at 6:17:46 pm

Using Encore 2.0, it is expected that all players will execute the end action of the timeline.

Does this mean that we can now stop making fake chapter marks at the end of each time line to prevent 'random' next chapter action?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 27, 2006 at 10:53:06 pm

Does this mean that we can now stop making fake chapter marks at the end of each time line...

Yes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]