FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2 - blu-ray? hd-dvd?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dom_EESB
Encore 2 - blu-ray? hd-dvd?
on Jan 18, 2006 at 11:50:26 am

I'm guessing by now that Encore 2 doesn't support these new formats yet?

Ok so they aren't really available as yet, but seeing as Adobe licenses whatever amount of tech from Sonic for Encore, and Sonic has HD ready authoring apps, I was kinda hoping Encore 2 might do so too...

Maybe in 6 months time, in version 2.5 then, although that's a fairly heafty update, probably worthy of a whole point release... so maybe we must wait 12-18 months for it in version 3. Damn!

Dominic Osborne

---------------

Director & Head of Visuals

Eight Eyed Sea Bass Ltd

http://www.eighteyedseabass.com

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
Re: Encore 2 - blu-ray? hd-dvd?
on Jan 19, 2006 at 9:45:42 am

I've been reading here and there about PC HD/BR DVD recorders that will be coming out shortly. But as always with new technology its going to be super expensive. I am sure we will be able to burn to these new disc formats once Adobe updates Encore for it. I haven't really seen any "special features" designated exclusivly for HD/BR other than the massive space. I'd wait til we get at least an 8x recorder out there before jumping the bandwagon. I don't want to deal with any problems arising from the first generation batches of those recorders.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Jan 19, 2006 at 1:33:20 pm

[dom_EESB] "probably worthy of a whole point release"

I will be suprised if it isn't a whole new application - i.e. Adobe BluBlood v1.0 [I made that up, but expect compensation if the name is used ;) ] The systems structures for blu-ray and DVD-HD are very different from the current DVD spec.

Dave

Return to posts index

dom_EESB
on Jan 20, 2006 at 12:46:59 pm

BluBlood? Ok... I'm worried about you, mate!

Yes, the authoring is bound to be vey different, what with the 2 new formats having the ability for dynamically created menus and what not. However, we can already encode for these formats today. I have an excellent software encoder, which has superb mpeg2 picture quality. I've had it for over 2 years, and I've only just discovered that it can encode mpeg 2 up to full HD res, as well as other mpeg2 formats like for IMX.

The only format of the 3 codecs that will be available to sue is h264, which is now finally getting encoding tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]