FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2 timelines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthias
Encore 2 timelines
on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:40:22 am

In encore 1.5 you were only able to put one video asset per timeline, is encore 2 able you to put two video assets in one timeline

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore 2 timelines
on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:42:40 am

Yes, Encore 2 timeline video tracks support multiple video clips.

Return to posts index

Steve Slocomb
on Jan 18, 2006 at 8:25:39 pm

Does this mean I could put a Quicktime movie on the top track with alpha channel to overlay titles on a avi movie on the track below? I am doing a program where I want to be able to turn off and on graphics that tell the viewer where the scenes were shot. If I use regular subtitles they just pop on and off and I can't get a nice dissolve. With two tracks I might be able to do what I described above, and also have the movie without the Quicktime on another timeline. One could then switch between the two timelines.

Return to posts index

matthias
on Jan 18, 2006 at 9:22:21 pm

What program do you use for subtitles to import into encore for your timeline

Return to posts index

Steve Slocomb
on Jan 18, 2006 at 10:28:12 pm

I was maunally typing them in within Encore. But even if I imported a text file (with the correct tc and format) it still can't do dissolves.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 18, 2006 at 10:31:56 pm

Does this mean I could put a Quicktime movie on the top track with alpha channel to overlay titles on a avi movie on the track below?

Sorry, but no. Encore still supports only a single video track, but multiple video clips within the single video track.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 18, 2006 at 11:33:00 pm

p.s. I should add that no DVD authoring application can do exactly what you are asking for...DVD-Video supports only one video stream displayed at a time.

Return to posts index

Steve Slocomb
on Jan 19, 2006 at 12:11:58 am

that's what I figured. I am going to just create two movies one with and one without the captions. Since they are only 1/2 hour, I should be able to creat a DVD with an hour's worth of material and not take a quality hit.

Return to posts index

Eric Steinberg
on Jan 19, 2006 at 8:04:36 am

The new release of Premiere Pro has made quite a leap forward as far as creating DVDs directly from within Premiere, so for simpler stuff, you may be able to do what you want directly from Premiere Pro. One PP review I read even said that it almost looked like Premiere Pro was becoming a competitor to Encore! Although that's not quite the case, I for one will most likely be doing more DVD creation directly from Premiere Pro.

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 19, 2006 at 3:15:23 pm

Premiere Pro 2 can't do exactly what Steve was asking, either. The DVD-Video spec just doesn't support it. Two separate timelines would be the only way to do it.

Return to posts index

jehlei
on Jan 19, 2006 at 7:03:56 pm

Eric,

How would one do a DVD in Premiere Pro? I usually just do it through Encore. Is it easier and also do the transitions from menu to menu -or- timeline to menu go smoother with no black screen pause? Man that's annoying.

jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]