FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 2 and hyperlinks

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Oakley
Encore 2 and hyperlinks
on Jan 17, 2006 at 2:16:53 pm

Does anybody know if you're able to use hyperlinks in menus on Encore v2? Also, do you know if they have changed the way they handle additional files/data (ie if you want to add extras to your DVD disc that are accessable on a PC)???

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore 2 and hyperlinks
on Jan 17, 2006 at 5:06:01 pm

Sorry, but no hyperlinks.

Not sure what you are asking about in your second question. Can you explain further?

Return to posts index

Ian Oakley
on Jan 17, 2006 at 5:12:02 pm

Sorry...

In Encore 1.5 you can create a DVD with additional data files, which can be seen when the disc is in a pc, but all you can do is burn them on the disc. You can't link frmo a menu to a file - so my question was, is there any feature for linking from menus to additional data content on pc's?

I hope that makes sense

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 17, 2006 at 5:15:48 pm

Yes, that makes perfect sense. But unfortunately, the answer is again "no"- that's the pretty much the same functionality as hyperlinking from a menu, except going to a local path instead of a URL.

There are other tasty features, though- such as chapter end actions and chapter playlists (which work like stories in DVDSP, allowing you to use the same media multiple times without adding to disc size).

Return to posts index

Ian Oakley
on Jan 17, 2006 at 5:55:37 pm

Thanks Joe for the reply
Unfortunately, as great as some of the new features sound, all I really need is the ability to create links to other data etc...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 17, 2006 at 7:53:26 pm

Look into Sonic eDVD. It works with Encore and other DVD authoring tools.

Return to posts index

Ian Oakley
on Jan 18, 2006 at 7:41:15 am

Yes, I have looked into eDVD. The only problem seems to be that it installs the interactual DVD player and I can't seem to find out if 1) there's an option to turn the installation off (ie for it not to be there on your DVD) and 2) whether the links will work without interactuall player.

The issue that I have is that for the program we are creating, the clients laptops are very security sensitive and so can't have programs installed on them.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 18, 2006 at 2:49:15 pm

I don't know eDVD other than what I have read, but I believe that it will work with PowerDVD and WinDVD, presumably without installing InterActual Player...check the eDVD page on Sonic's website.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]