FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dvd menu project within a dvd project.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Carvajal
Dvd menu project within a dvd project.
on Jan 13, 2006 at 2:43:02 am

Ok, Over the summer my students and I designed a dvd project to promote the summer program I teach. When it was completed I was suprised that the project was about 600 or so megs of data, which was great but it was too bad I couldn't put it to cd and still have that same functionality as a dvd. Anyways I still have the original encore project set up files. What I am trying to do now is build a new porfolio dvd in which it will show off my previous work and in one of the menu options, allows you to go to the actual menu of the promote dvd I did over the summer, select whatever from that promo dvd, and allow the user to go back to the main menu of portfolio dvd and so on.
I am sure this can be done, but want to see if anyone has ever done this before..other wise it will have to be placed in a multi disc case holder and I don't think my interviewer would want to go through other dvd's :|

thanks

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Dvd menu project within a dvd project.
on Jan 13, 2006 at 3:55:22 pm

You can do it, but you'll need to basically rebuild the menus within your new Encore project.

You don't have to completely start from scratch, though. The menu files for the old project are located in the project's folder in your hard drive. They're PSD files, so in your new project you can simply import them as a menu and they'll be complete and ready. All you'll have to do is set up the links again, though that includes any animated backgrounds. This also means importing the original video assets that you were using. You can find the transcoded versions (if any transcoding was necessary) in the project folder as well.

Otherwise you could simply save a copy of that old project and start building your portfolio project from it. But it sounded to me like you've already invested some work in the new project.

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
Re: Dvd menu project within a dvd project.
on Jan 14, 2006 at 2:32:27 am

Thanks Tim...i did a quick test and yep it is possible. However I decided to not use the stuff from my motion graphics class, instead I will focus on my students illustrator work. After doing an early estimate , it looks like im gonna need all the space I can use on that disc. I will just include an original disc for the other one :)..thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]