Brodd Nesset
Encore 2 on Jan 17th
on Jan 10, 2006 at 8:49:06 am

Yesterday, Amazon in the UK had several new items for preorder:
- Encore 2
- Audition 2
- Premiere PRO 2
- After Effects 7
The 'Digital Video Collection' is renamed 'Production Suite'. My two cents that this includes Flash 8. All are set with a release date of January 17th. The website also listed prices, both for full versions and upgrades. Not many surprises there (around 100 GBP / 149.90 USD for an upgrade), except for maybe Premiere, which seemed expensive. Also listed was a product called Acrobat 3D (!!!). However, no details were given on this or any other of the products, except for Audition which had a bullet list with about 20 improvements. Necessarry stuff, not too exciting. But: time will show what Adobe really has up its sleeve.

I guess these news were a 'glitch' from Amazon, since I can't find the links today (but maybe some others can?), or a blatant break of a non-disclosure deal? Nevertheless; my bet is on the 17th.
Also, some has speculated that Encore would end up as a part of Premiere PRO, or a mere 'plugin' if you like. This would put Premiere on par, or maybe even a bit above, some competing products which offer video editing and DVD creation in one environment. These news reveal that this has not happened.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Encore 2 on Jan 17th
on Jan 12, 2006 at 5:28:10 am

[Brodd Nesset] "These news reveal that this has not happened."

That news reveals nothing. Wait until the 17th to see what is included in PPro 2.

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

dom_EESB
Re: Encore 2 on Jan 17th
on Jan 12, 2006 at 5:56:53 pm

I'm gagging to find out what's new - normally there are loads of previews on the net, and interviews with key Adohe staff... and the UK's magazing Computer Arts normally gets some early coverage, but nothing so far.

I want to know what's new in the whole Video Bundle!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]