FORUMS: list search recent posts

stop and play button weirdness

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phil biggs
stop and play button weirdness
on Jan 9, 2006 at 4:30:12 pm

Hi there,
I'm still pretty new to encore and seem to understand most of it. I've just burned my first project to disc and played it on my set top machine.
Everything seems fine except one thing - When I press 'stop' twice on the player at any point in my movie (so that the message says it will start from the beginning) and then 'play'; instead of starting from the beginning, it starts on a timeline in a sub menu not connected to my first play menu (in my case a bonus feature).
I can't figure out how the play button on my set top box is launching this scene. How can I change it so it launches my main movie (from the main menu)?
By the way, the stop and play buttons in the Encore project preview have the desired effect - launching the first play. The problem is only on set-top machines.
Hope this makes sense!
Cheers,
Phil Biggs

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: stop and play button weirdness
on Jan 9, 2006 at 6:22:54 pm

What is the number of the timeline the disc restarts on? (Check the Properties window.) If it's #1, that might explain it- the player is going to timeline 1 instead of the first play of the disc. Test the disc on multiple players and see how widespread the problem is. Try playing the burned DVD in your computer as well. It could be a problem with this particular palyer.

Return to posts index

phil biggs
on Jan 9, 2006 at 7:58:51 pm

Many thanks for your reply,
I've tried the disc in 3 players and it does the same thing each time. Your advice makes sense although there doesn't appear to be a number selector in the timeline properties window - is that a feature in version 1.5? I only have 1.0.1 - there is only name and description options. If I name the timelines as a number and sort them in the correct order in the timelines tab, will that have the same effect?
Cheers,
Phil

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jan 9, 2006 at 9:22:48 pm

The number isn't a property you can change. Hmmm... I thought it showed you which number a timeline was, but I guess I'm wrong.

In Encore 1.0, it numbers the timeline in reverse order as you create them. So the last one you create would be #1, the one before that #2, etc. In 1.0.1 (I think) and 1.5, they're numbered in the order you create them, which is more logical, but you still can't change the value.

Now that I think about this problem, it may be something Encore is doing. Do a search on this forum and see if you can find any other instances of it.

Return to posts index

joefeng
on Jan 12, 2006 at 9:35:48 pm

I have had the same issue with the secretly numbered timelines, mostly with the next chapter button. With smaller or more linear projects, it's not too difficult to create the time lines sequentially, but it does become a nightmare for more involved projects.

I know that other authoring programs, such as Reel DVD(though lacking many other useful features), allows you to actually program the next/prev chapter buttons. Hopefully version 2 will address this problem...

Return to posts index

Mark Silvestri
on Dec 18, 2009 at 3:09:40 pm

I encountered the same issue and found the problem to be the disc's Main Timeline property - it was set to the chapter/scene that would play when I pushed the play button on my player (after I get bumped from the DVD's main menu to the player's screen by pushing the stop button). To remedy the problem, I simply changed the disc's Main Timeline property to be the timeline I intended. To do this using Encore DVD 2.0, click on the disc icon (furthest left icon) in the Flowchart view, and adjust the Main Timeline property in the Property tab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]