FORUMS: list search recent posts

making DVD in 16:9 format

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy D
making DVD in 16:9 format
on Jan 5, 2006 at 3:19:39 pm

i have footages taken with my video camera in 16:9 format from various projects and I want to make a DVD with all of them. I copy the vob files to my hard drive and import them to Encore DVD. The problem is that the footages are automatically stretched to 4:3 format. For example, before I import the files to Encore and try to play the clips in Windows media player, the clips appear in 4:3 format. The same happens in Encore. I have seen an option in Preferences regarding preview (TV mode) which corrects the problem but only in preview, when I burn the DVD it doesn't stays in 16:9 format even thought it is filmed like that (from a Sony DCR-403DVD).
Any one knows whether or not I can burn the project in 16:9 format?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: making DVD in 16:9 format
on Jan 5, 2006 at 3:53:46 pm

First, Encore does not support VOB files. Strip the the streams from the VOB (m2v & mpa, most likely), then you may be good to go.

If importing the streams gives the same problem, try using the Interpret Footage command in Encore to set your m2v stream to wide pixels.

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
Re: making DVD in 16:9 format
on Jan 5, 2006 at 4:31:22 pm

Agreed, you must first demultiplex the VOB files into separate audio and video files (M2V and MPA/AC3/WAV...whatever the audio is) You will then need to rewrite the headers of the M2V files if Encore still sees them as 4x3 instead of 16x9. There is a program called Restream that allows you to do that. Now when you import the M2V file into Encore, it will see that the file should be 16x9 and display appropriately. If your original VOB files are 4x3 letterboxed, then you're hosed and this method won't work. Is it possible to go back to the original files recorded by your camera, or to the program you edited the footage in?

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]