FORUMS: list search recent posts

render problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stefan W
render problems
on Dec 31, 2005 at 3:32:13 pm

Ok here is the basic problem;

I'm currently getting better render quality in Ulead 7 dvd creator then with Adobe Encore dvd creator.

I don't know why but in encore things are more choppy and the quality isn't even close? What the heck should I do because even though Ulead is simple and easy to use you can't author very complex or slick looking dvd menus.

My video is created with Premiere Pro 1.5, and I always export it as a "movie" so that it renders to avi. Then I transfer it to a dvd authoring program either Ulead which first turns it into mpeg or encoure which seem to do this step (slowly) beforing burning to disc.

Are there certain settings hidden away that will magically make encore work? It seems to be such a popular software thus I assume it must be able to achieve higher quality otherwise why would people be using it???

self taught

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: render problems
on Dec 31, 2005 at 3:43:22 pm

If video is choppy, it sounds like Encore may be encoding your clip with the wrong field dominance.

If your clip is lower-field dominant, choose a lower-field dominant MPEG preset within Encore...if upper-field, then choose or create an upper-field dominant preset. If you don't know which field dominance your clip has, try each, then choose the best looking clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]