FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore not acknowledging my DVD burner

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
S. Gilligan
Encore not acknowledging my DVD burner
on Dec 27, 2005 at 3:42:10 pm

Anyone,

I am having one heck of a mental breakdown here. I have completed my project, but when I go to build my project it states that it cannot detect any drives and to check connections. My computer has never done this before, and I haven't done anything to change any connections or configurations. I even checked the drive itself, by ripping a CD onto my computer, using the burner to burn the CD, and I even put in a DVD to make sure that it worked, and it did. How do I get Encore to recognize my burner again. All programs acknowledge that the drive is there and in working order except Encore. Again, I have never had this problem, and I have authored many DVDs using the program. HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I need to get this project finished.

Steve

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore not acknowledging my DVD burner
on Dec 27, 2005 at 4:05:30 pm

If it worked once, then something you recently installed on your system must have caused the problem in Encore.

Try reinstalling Encore to see if it recognizes the burner again. If not, give Adobe Tech Support a call and they can tweak your registry so that Encore will recognize the burner again.

Return to posts index

S. Gilligan
on Dec 27, 2005 at 4:18:42 pm

If I re-install Encore, will I lose the project? Do I have to uninstall, and then re-install Encore? May sound like dumb questions, but they are questions I need answers to regardless. You are correct though. This problem began after I installed Premier Pro, and Roxio 6.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 27, 2005 at 6:16:32 pm

Your project will be fine. Roxio software often "steals" away from Encore. If you can live without it, try uninstalling it before reinstalling Encore.

Either way, uninstall Encore, restart your system, then reinstall Encore and restart your system again. Then launch Encore and see if the burner is found.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]