How to lock buttons?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blacky
How to lock buttons?
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:38:11 pm

Hello all :)

Little question,

When you activate the graphical views of the Buttons in a menu, they appear with their respective number in the middle, in add on 4 arrow like pointers N,S,W,E... I wantd to lock the Buttons 1 to 4. So I drag all 4 pointers of all 4 buttons once outside their box, came back in again, and they take so their own number. Like a 4 branch star, all numbers equal to the one in the middle.
Now the problem is following: when watching the rendered DVD on a PC, you still can click on it with the MOUSE. On TV these buttons are unreachable. Now is there a way to completely LOCK them? These buttons have video-button-animation inside, so they must remain buttons. Or is there any other way?

thnx :)

cheers,
blacky

Return to posts index

blacky
Re: How to lock buttons?
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:40:41 pm

btw, it's for this menu, just to share :) :)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 27, 2005 at 2:52:29 pm

Blacky,

If buttons weren't selectable, they wouldn't really be buttons, would they? Not sure I understand why you would want a menu with buttons that can't be selected by the user...can you explain what it is that you want to do?

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

blacky
on Dec 27, 2005 at 10:44:50 pm

yep, easy:

I got little videos running just for animation, but if I would "klick" on them I'd go directly for the video. Instead I wanna go to a menu... and the solution I found was to create titles below the animated vid-windows, where you can click and bring you to the menu, instead immediately to the video footage... is this clearer?

On home-DVD players my solution works fine, as the buttons aren't selectable... now put it on a PC, and you can directly click at the vid-buttons, which brings you not to the wanted menu, but into the video directly :)

tia

cheers,
blacky

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 27, 2005 at 11:19:01 pm

A little clearer...you essentially want video to run in each thumbnail, but not tied to a timeline. Have I got that right?

You don't want to use buttons then, because they will always be selectable in a software DVD player. They are also selectable in a set top DVD player simply by entering a button number in the numeric keypad.

Instead, you should composite your video in either PPro or After Effects, then make it your menu background...then your video thumbnails won't be buttons. You can also do this with Encore (if you don't mind compressing more than once) by creating an extra project, save it, create your motion menu with thumbnail animation, render it from the File menu, then close the extra project, open the original project, then import the video clip in the extra project folderSourcesMenus. Set that as the background for your menu, and it'll do it for you.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 28, 2005 at 8:26:54 am

this can be done within Encore itself.. if you check out here http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm
download tutorial #15 from the intermediate section of my website, this should help you with what you wanna do..

hope this helps.

Return to posts index

blacky
on Dec 29, 2005 at 1:31:08 pm

Thnx, i'll try that out :) :)

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]