FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get different Subpictures appear on Same place, and sounds?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blacky
How to get different Subpictures appear on Same place, and sounds?
on Dec 20, 2005 at 8:00:13 am

Good morning everyone :)

I don't even know if it's possible, but I'd like to do following:

In a menu, 4 little windows (as buttons) with each containing a looping little (preview-)video inside, so far i have no probs.
Now I wanted that when you go from button to button (ie.window to window), a text APPEARS (subpic - (=1)in aps cs2), THIS also works good for me, BUT now where the problem comes: I want ALL 4 subpictures on the SAME place!
Now I tried different things, but the problem remains the same, the subpicture is always IN the button 'window', so it gets just overlapped each other making a selection impossible, or at least, i don't know how to configure it. . . is there any TRICKY thing for getting something appear at the same place when going from button to button?

And now the less important question: is it possible to link a little sound like 'CLICK' when going over a button?

many thnx in advance,

cheers,
blacky

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: How to get different Subpictures appear on Same place, and sounds?
on Dec 20, 2005 at 4:17:38 pm

This isn't really possible with DVD's because the specification is so limited. DVD's are not as flexible as a web page or a Flash project. Buttons, for example, can't overlap at all, which is why you can't have the subpictures in the same place.

There are workarounds for what you want to do, though they're not terribly elegant.

Create separate menus for each of the buttons. Create the menus/buttons so that the subpicture title only exists for the button on it's corresponding menu. Then for each of the other buttons on the menus, set the link to auto-activate, and link to the menu for that button.

The downside to this is that there's usually a slight delay when the button is chosen, so navigation of the menus is a little slow. Different DVD players will handle this differently. Some will be near instantaneous, others (mostly older players) could delay up to a second or even flash black in between. Encore's preview mode will have a very noticeable delay.

As far as the click sound goes, you could attach an audio clip to each menu that starts with the click and then has 30-60 seconds of silence. Then set the loop point value for the menu to after the click. This way what will happen is when the menus are auto-activated, the click occurs, but doesn't get played again. Again, there will be a slight delay in the player when the menu loops, but most players are much better about this than the previous problem I mentioned.

Return to posts index

blacky
Re: How to get different Subpictures appear on Same place, and sounds?
on Dec 20, 2005 at 11:31:40 pm

wow :) complete answer, perfect :) Thnx for the hints!!!! i'll try 'em out as soon as I can! Thnx again for the tips, very appreciated!!!

cheers,
bs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]