FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use of DVD-Video and Dolby-Digital logos on DVDs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
victorypoint
Use of DVD-Video and Dolby-Digital logos on DVDs
on Dec 20, 2005 at 3:32:31 am

Hi folks. Does anyone know if I'm allowed to include the standard DVD-Video and Dolby-Digital logos on printed labels for DVDs I've created with Encore? Are there any licensing restrictions to using the logos? Also, can I use the standard Region-All logo as well?

Any help is appreciated.
-AJ

Return to posts index

Blacky
Re: Use of DVD-Video and Dolby-Digital logos on DVDs
on Dec 20, 2005 at 1:59:59 pm

Well, you can even add madonna's picture on the dvd cover. . . now if it's for reselling, I don't know. . . But as long as it is for private use, no probs :)

cheers,
bs

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: Use of DVD-Video and Dolby-Digital logos on DVDs
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:39:50 pm

No, you are not. Those are licensed logos and you must go through a certification process. One criteria is glass mastering. As a content provider or duplicator you cannot use that logo for burned discs.

If, however, you are sending your final product to a licensed duplicator, you can use it in your label. They pay the $5000 or so license fee to be able to use it and comply with its requirements for manufacturing and duplication.

Now if this is your wedding video and you're not selling or distributing it, go right ahead :-) But if this project is being distributed in any way, leave the logo off. You can make your own DVD Video logo as long as it's not a blatant rip-off of theirs.

Check it out here http://www.dvdfllc.co.jp/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]