FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conversions and Transcode setts

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kippard_snax
Conversions and Transcode setts
on Dec 20, 2005 at 1:37:50 am

Converting .dv to PAL DV Stream in Quicktime Pro, should I use Progressive or Interlaced setting? Using converted PAL clip in Encore PAL project, what transcode setting should I select (4, 7, 8Mb, VBR, CBR etc.)? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Conversions and Transcode setts
on Dec 20, 2005 at 4:09:43 pm

If it's DV, it's interlaced.

Your transcode setting depends on a lot more than just NTSC vs. PAL. How much video do you need to fit on the DVD?

Return to posts index

kippard_snax
on Dec 20, 2005 at 8:45:51 pm

But when Quicktime Pro converts the interlaced NTSC DV to PAL, is PAL interlaced? Only putting 3 minutes on this time, but how seriously does the transcode setting affect quility? Can you give me an overview of your thoughts on the settings?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Dec 20, 2005 at 9:53:34 pm

Again, DV (both NTSC and PAL) is always interlaced. Even 24 frame progressive video on the Panasonic and Canon 24P cameras is interlaced, it's just interlaced in a special way so 24P can be extracted from it.

Your transcode settings always affect quality, though if you're just encoding with the DV codec I don't think there's much you can change. I would just go with the default settings and leave it at that, unless you're having a specific problem.

Return to posts index

kippard_snax
on Dec 23, 2005 at 12:48:08 am

Thank you Tim!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]