FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Preview won't play???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason.W
Video Preview won't play???
on Dec 18, 2005 at 12:02:34 pm

I’ve got this small video sequence playing as a preview but I don’ want it to be a button but rather just a video playing. I’ve tried having it as an avi and as a mpg and tried rendering motion menus but the video seq. still won’t play. Have I missed something? Thx

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Video Preview won't play???
on Dec 19, 2005 at 11:22:50 pm

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand the question.

It sounds like you have a button on your menu which you set to be an animated button- it shows a preview of the clip it links to. But you don't want it to be a button, you just want it to be a background. Is that right?

If so, two ways to do it-

First, the simple way. Customize the button routing so that the user can't actually click on the button. The downside- if the user is playing the DVD in a PC, they'll still be able to use the mouse to click on the button.

Second, the right way. Take your whole menu into After Effects or Premiere, and add the video that you want in there and export it as an MPEG file. Import that into Encore and set it as the background of your menu.

Return to posts index

Jason.W
Re: Video Preview won't play???
on Dec 20, 2005 at 10:43:04 am

When I read my question now I wasn't quite sure that I understod what I meant. Was writing it in the moment of frustration =) but you got it right.. I'm gonna try the "second" method.. hope it get it to work.. thx a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]