FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore DVD: problems with "chapters" in timeline...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blacky
Adobe Encore DVD: problems with "chapters" in timeline...
on Dec 18, 2005 at 8:38:02 am

Good morning dear Cow-community :)

Little BIG problem, i'm working on since 4 hours to find out why! Following: I got in long videofile in the Timeline. So far, so good. The video has chapters which has been brought through Adobe Premiere.
Now I created buttons which jumps right to the designated chapter (button1 = chapter1, button2 = chapter2, ...).
So far, so good :)
Now the problem:

When I hit by example the Chapter6 Button in the dvd menu, chapter 6 will be launched for viewing. Now I do NOT want that the next chapters plays automatically after chapter 6 is finished, I want go back to the menu! Now in the Timeline I set the end action to got back here to the actual menu, and set the OVERRIDE button actions to get back too, but I really do not understand why it doesn't work. I read a few tutos and more, I don't see what i'm doing wrong.
How do I configure it that when i hit a chapter button, it runs just THAT asked chapter, and no more????

Really lost, plz help :)

tia

cheers,
bs

Return to posts index

David Jelley
Re: Adobe Encore DVD: problems with "chapters" in timeline...
on Dec 18, 2005 at 2:31:58 pm

Think of you DVD like a book. If you open you book and start at any chapter you would then read to the end Encore is the same. You need to make all of you chapters into small books with a beginning and an end, In your editing program create an avi of your chapters and import them into encore on its own time line, link the button to the start and the end play to the menu. it will play from start to finish and return to the menu ready for the next button.
David

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 18, 2005 at 4:34:58 pm

In Encore, chapters are "in-only", and once you play from a chapter, it will play until the end of the timeline.

If you want only a section of video to play at a time, you should create separate timelines for each section (and split your clips up and export out of your NLE, such as PPro).

The override control is used to replace the end action of a targeted link, and will not work for what you are trying to do (chapters don't have end actions). In fact, misuse of the override feature will cause navigation problems on your DVD. Unless you understand exactly how they work (they are explained in the user guide), you should remove all overrides from your project.

Return to posts index

blacky
on Dec 18, 2005 at 4:50:22 pm

Thnx for you both, if only I knew that earlier I wouldn't have lost all that time :) And i searched a solution just because I wanted to avoid to split the video file. . . anyway, wanted save time, now I have to spilt anyway...

Many thnx for your fast and helpful answer!!!

cheers,
bs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]