FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I extract an already burned DVD to Encore to add a Menu?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthias
Can I extract an already burned DVD to Encore to add a Menu?
on Dec 17, 2005 at 5:41:01 pm

I made a short film a while back and i burned it to a dvd to play in a dvd player. Is there any way i can extract the files so i can add a menu to it in encore without losing any quality.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Can I extract an already burned DVD to Encore to add a Menu?
on Dec 17, 2005 at 6:00:00 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=145&postid=...

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 17, 2005 at 6:06:09 pm

How do i rename the file to be an mpeg

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 17, 2005 at 6:10:30 pm

one way is to copy and paste the .vob files from the DVD onto your hard drive, then rename the .VOB extesion to .MPEG, for example: RENAME VTS_02_2.VOB TO VTS_02_2.MPEG

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 17, 2005 at 6:16:59 pm

do i just right click on the file and rename it to for example vts_01.vob and delete vob and and name it vts_01.mpg

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 17, 2005 at 6:22:44 pm

yep.. just place the cursor to the far right of the .VOB file extension and then delete the word vob and add in mpeg in place of it.. you may have to search for the largest .VOB file on the disc (providing that you only had 1 timeline to begin with)if you had numerous timelines then you will have to do them all the same way..

hope this makes sense..

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 17, 2005 at 6:33:49 pm

It sure does i really appreciate it, thanks man.

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 18, 2005 at 2:27:16 am

I tried it and it says the file name VTS_01_1 but it does not say .VOB next to it, i right clicked it and clicked rename and i put .mpeg behind it
(VTS_01_1.mpeg). I then went to open it up in encore and it said the name was (VTS_01_1.mpeg.VOB) and it would not open in encore so there has to be another way to rename it. And properties of the file had no where to rename it. Please help.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kramer
on Dec 18, 2005 at 4:56:48 am

Just copy the VOB file onto your hard drive import as an asset, add a menu and re-author. It will use the original settings from the vob and restring everthing as if it were the originally encoded files.

Good luck
ANdrew

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 18, 2005 at 6:17:53 am

when i transfer the VOB file in encore 1.5 as an asset it comes up with an error (Sorry, an abnormal condition has been detected. Before quitting, you have one chance to save your project (don't use the same name as the original).). I know there is nothing wrong with Encore cause i just burnt and authored a full menued dvd and copies of it just earlier last week.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 18, 2005 at 9:58:53 am

try using DVDShrink to get the files from your DVD, and then import the extracted files into Encore.

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 18, 2005 at 5:37:56 pm

I'm a little ahead of you on that one lol, i did use dvdshrink

Return to posts index

Matt Dubber
on Dec 19, 2005 at 11:27:37 pm

Your system is set up to hide the file extensioins for known file types and therefore you can't change the extension. To turn this off you need to have a folder open (any folder on your system). Go to the menu called TOOLS and select FOLDER OPTIONS. Click on the tab called VIEW. About the 9th item down should be called "hide extensions for known file types", be sure to uncheck that box. When you click OK to close that window, you will now be able to see all the extensions for all the files on your computer. Now you can change .VOB to .MPEG. Hope this helps and I hope DVDShrink did what you needed it to do.

-Matt

Return to posts index

matthias
on Dec 20, 2005 at 1:47:00 pm

That helped alot thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]