FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reauthoring

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian
Reauthoring
on Dec 14, 2005 at 5:59:28 pm

A friend asked me to reauthor a DVD for him to insert chapter breaks. I believe Encore can import VOB files. Can I insert chapter breaks over the VOB files, or do I need to demultiplex to MPEG-2 to be able to create the chapters?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Reauthoring
on Dec 14, 2005 at 9:58:51 pm

Encore doesn't support VOB files; instead, strip out the streams then import those.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Dec 14, 2005 at 11:31:56 pm

one way is to copy and paste the .vob files from the DVD onto your hard drive, then rename the .VOB extesion to .MPEG, for example: RENAME VTS_02_2.VOB TO VTS_02_2.MPEG

Now you can import the file into Encore, not to sure on how you want to re-author the file by the way of chapter breaks?,as Encore is not an Editor. Pointless in adding chapter markers to the file as Encore does not support "end actions" for chapter markers

Return to posts index

Brian
on Dec 15, 2005 at 4:50:23 pm

Okay, thanks to your pointers, I've been able to demultiplex and add markers in Premiere Pro. At this point, I'm concerned about video degradation. Is there a way to direct stream copy the video and audio and just embed the chapter markers in Premiere Pro, so that I don't lose any video quality in the transfer to Encore?

I don't have enough space left on my hard drive to do a lossless AVI to import into Encore DVD. I've been editing the DVD content as a single MPEG-2 file. If I use the Adobe Media Encoder in Premiere Pro to export the footage in MPEG-2, will Encore still be able to see the chapter markers I've set up in PPro? It's obvious that this works if you use AVI, but I don't see anything about exporting markers in the Media Encoder. Also, would the encoder give the same results (without new artifacts/quality loss) if I export and re-encode in MPEG-2 from MPEG-2?

Thanks for all of your help and advice! I'm still learning the ropes...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 15, 2005 at 5:15:05 pm

If you stripped the streams out, you should have gotten M2V for video and AC3 for audio.

Import those streams into Encore, then add your chapter points there. There will be no quality loss.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]