FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternative to EDVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
D&D Digital Creations
Alternative to EDVD
on Dec 4, 2005 at 4:32:18 am

Hi, I've been searching for an alternative to EDVD but so far have not had any luck.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the program, it allows you to link various types of content to DVD menus such as direct website links, .pdf docs, word docs, spreadsheets, etc...

quite useful but at 100+ bucks it is a bit pricy for a feature that encore should already have.. especially pdf's..

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Alternative to EDVD
on Dec 4, 2005 at 3:24:20 pm

It used to be $400, if I remember correctly...so in comparison, $100 is quite a bargain.

Regarding features "that encore should already have", you should file a feature request at Adobe's website.

Return to posts index

D&D Digital Creations
on Dec 5, 2005 at 4:38:11 pm

I have a feeling that the request has been made several times already. I love the program but the limited functionality really hinder what you can do.

Return to posts index

digitalideations
on Dec 6, 2005 at 9:36:23 pm

How is it limited? eDVD will let you link from your DVD menus to the internet or any on-disc ROM content (PDFs, Word, PPT, Hi-Def video, Flash etc). You have to do it by linking to a chapter from your menu button (but that chapter can look like your DVD menu so the link appears seamless).

What is the limitation? What are you looking to do?

Return to posts index

D&D Digital Creations
on Dec 6, 2005 at 9:47:23 pm

I was refering to encore's limitations, not EDVD's. The lack of ability to link to on disk content is a limiting factor.

sorry for the confusion

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 7, 2005 at 12:25:15 am

The feature request has been made before, but there is strength in numbers. The more a feature is requested, the more likely it is to be implemented in a future version (but I by that, I don't mean hitting submit a dozen times ;)...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]